VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I've finally gotten around to sorting out my rear speakers. I've got all the bits (save for some speaker wire) & I did some exploratory work on the head unit. It seems that the vehicle side of the ISO harness for the speakers does not have the plugs/spring clips in the plug for the rear speakers. I can find (at maplins of all places) standard Iso connectors with wire tails, which I can cobble together a harness for it work, but I was wondering if anybody knew (in the midlands if poss) of a place I can get a ready made harness to allow the rear speaker wires to be secured to the ISO connector?
It needs to have all 8 eight wires coming out of the male plug & only the fronts going into the female socket, with the rear speaker wires ending in tails for connection to the rear.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
ps thats what I'll be doing in my van, theres not a lot of space behind the headunit as it is without adding adapter harnesses etc :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
What I did was get an ISO extension harness from Maplin (essentially a plug to socket lead for the speaker side only) & some flat wire speaker cable. I snipped the 4 outer wires (for the rear speakers) & joined the speaker cable onto it (soldered & heat shrinked).

Pretty simple to do & works a treat!
I did the same thing. Better than chopping into the original van loom. T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts