VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry not vw related guys
my parent bought a 2000 on a w reg isuzu twin cab pick up (rodeo type)
phoned up there own insurance company and they put in details and it came back unknown model 2180cc
it is definetly a 3.1td,so i phoned my friend at local motor factors who have access to dvla database-he put in reg no and it came back the same-so he phoned the biggest japaneses parts supplier in the uk and they told him that on that reg/chassis no its definetly a 3.1td and this is quite a common thing/mistake by dvla when some vehicles are imported

so thing is there insurance company wont touch it as they say they dont know what model or engine size it is??
the previous owner had it insured no problems through a company which my parents thought he said was called stanley head but cant find anything sounding similar on the internet

anyone had similar problems issues and how did you resolve this,thanks T:

·
Registered
773 Posts
yes had the same prob with an s plat one it was an import had to ring round to find anyone i think it was norwich union in the end tho cant remember was a few years now. need to find someone that does import insurance sorry cant be of more help

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes had the same prob with an s plat one it was an import had to ring round to find anyone i think it was norwich union in the end tho cant remember was a few years now. need to find someone that does import insurance sorry cant be of more help
thanks anyway,i have heard its a common dvla problem

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
It's a common problem with imports if the details are missed off or incorrectly put on the import documents.
I had a Prelude which jumped to group 19 because insurance database said it was a Type R, Honda never even made a Prelude Type R but they wouldn't listen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts