VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Just getting round to put some info up on my latest T4. I thought T4's for me were a thing of the past for a while at least after having our little girl as my missus wasn't too keen on driving one. She only been driving for 2.5 years but after convincing or hassling her she caved and we bought this T4 from a guy named Richard on this forum.

It's now our daily driver, I also get a company vehicle which we both use so it's our 2nd car but still used daily. It's denty nature allows me to not worry to much about further dents.

The overall plan is to turn it into a 5-6 seater and use it as a weekend camper/utility vehicle. Cheap holidays and kid stuff!!!!!

Here she is on Richard's drive. Back in July 2014. It's Paprika Red but looks brighter in the photos in Richards ad.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=377686

2.5TDi
110k now
Basic panel van, 3 seat.
Keep fit windows and mirrors
RS4 Alloys
Rear windows fitted already

These pictures make the van look less 'denty' than reality which was a slight disappointment but not enough to stop the purchase!!!

I will take some more photos and update on my progress later.

GB

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So over the past six months i have only done a few small bits a pieces.

Fitted some wind deflectors and a good old fashioned summer polish and bumper blackening was needed to see how good she could look.

A few observation you will probably make,
1. The tyres are ridiculously large, I knew about this when I bought it, but used it for a few thousand miles whilst I located a set of wheels I wanted. Think they were 255/50/18's must have been of an A8 or something. Wheels are genuine audi.
2. I call it 'denty' in my descriptions and the photos seem to hide the dents well I think.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My next and first major task was to find a folder rear double as seen in caravelles and ex-AA vans. I need this as i wanted something with a factory fit for my daughter or missus to travel on when we go away.

I managed to find a decent condition one with all fixings and fitted with the exception of the underfloor chassis plates with captive threads. These were easily obtained from VW.

I followed this excellent and informative thread http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13136 thanks user simplpsy great thread and really helped.

Nothing too complicated about the fitting process, but my advice is to always double or even triple check your measurements before drilling any holes in the floor. If you were to get this wrong you could end up with a poorly or loose fitted seat. I managed to get a decent fitment and here are some finished photos.

Seat belt lower fixings

Under floor chassis plates which mushrrom bolts screw into.

I was very please to find the floorpan to be rock solid! Always a bonus but T4's seem really solid when they've been boarded.
I have also sent the V5 off for updating, included a letter and some photos so fingers crossed it will become a Kombi van with 5 seats soon!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So my next task was to get some wheels, I really wanted some RH Cups for my van after seeing forum user motters build thread, however motters took some time to advise me of the fun and games he had in getting them to work so I decided against them! Maybe he wanted nobody copying him!T: They look superb on his van and the build thread is well worth a read. http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70144&page=11 Way better and more detailed than this will be i'm sure!

So a good friend of mine has a T4 that i think has an awesome stance and has Remotec 16"x8J's fitted. Me being a ruthless and insane copier i thought I would go the same route......A set came up for sale and I grabbed em.

These are the initial photos and don't do them justice. Will take more later.

15mm Spacers fitted to the rear, longer tapered wheel bolts thanks to colese for getting to them delivered before the weekend and for the advise given.

My favorite thing with these wheels is they look better the dirtier they are!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better wheel photos, needs a little more lowering really but not urgent. Going to wait till after i have done the interior. I have 10mm spacers that I may fit to the rear instead bring the wheels in by 5mm.

Ride quality is great.

These photos are after have 225/50/16's fitted to the rear for MOT a week or so ago.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok so a bit of an update, ive fitted the following in recent weeks.

1. PPTuning stainless side exit exhaust.
2. Sliding door middle roller, very strangley satisfying as the shuts well with only finger force required.
3. Reverse camera.
4. Gave the old girl a machine polish. Wow the difference is incredible.
5. Heat gun the front bumper, rear still waiting!

Photos

1 - 13 of 13 Posts