VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my front discs and pads today, another item ticked off the massive MOT fail sheet!
I took the old boat for a run to check they were ok (first time i've fitted brakes) and alls well! (Learning a lot with this bloody van)
Anyway, next problem decides to rear its ugly head, there is some fluid leaking from the clutch area, around the seal in the first pic

So, first question, whats the part thats leaking?
Is it something i can do myself?
What sort of price would i be looking at?

Thanks in advance people :bhd

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was, bit of a mechanical novice so wasnt 100% sure!
Just checking a few other threads and looks like it could be a symptom of pedal box failure too :eek:
I ******* love doing pedal boxes, had to change the one in my mk2 ibiza earlier on on the year too :GL

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been reading through pedal box threads and been looking at the pedal box on the van and it doesnt seem to broken anywhere. But, there is a very small (approx 1mm) amount of movement in the master cylinder when clutch is depressed.
Also, where the plunger part goes down into the cylinder, the plunger isnt exactly central? Should it be?
Is there any adjustment on the master cylinder to get the plunger central or does it fit where it fits?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Been reading through pedal box threads and been looking at the pedal box on the van and it doesnt seem to broken anywhere. But, there is a very small (approx 1mm) amount of movement in the master cylinder when clutch is depressed.
Also, where the plunger part goes down into the cylinder, the plunger isnt exactly central? Should it be?
Is there any adjustment on the master cylinder to get the plunger central or does it fit where it fits?
Have you take it off to examine?

sometimes you can only see the crack when its off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts