1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So much has happened - new MOT rules!!!

Now where do we start???

How about this

The number plate criteria have recently changed on the MOT - the old rules were very much down to individual interpretation (basically if they could be read from 20 metres.)

Now we have effectively zero tolerance - character form, spacing, colour have all got to be by the book...

German style plates - nope

Scripted characters - no chance (some fonts used to be passable)

Shaded back grounds (ghost written logos etc) - nope after 1st September 2001 - also must have British standard number - BS AU 145d - and the number plate supplier's post code on the plate after this date.

Vehicles registered after 1st January 1973 must have white reflective plates at the front and yellow reflective plates at the rear.

So there you have it - "ninja"

·
Registered
36 Posts
....after 2001 - also must have British standard number and the number plate supplier's post code on the plate after this date.....
Bugger! I usually get my replacement number plates of 'tinternet rather than the hassle of taking my V5 to Halfrauds, but they don't carry the BS number, although they are identical to BS standard plates, because I didn't show the V5 they are classed as show plates.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, yet another reason not to buy new cars. :rolleyes:
The more rubbish that this government spews out, the more sense it makes to have a 1956 bug as my daily! :D

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Does this mean we can't have dozen threads asking the same question about plates, all trying to pretend that the rules don't apply in their particular circumstances?? :D

Oh Tazz - you spoilsport!! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts