VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all.

iTunes is freaking me out at the moment, I want to backup my recently purchased tracks to disc. I can never remember how to do it, and this time I have had to look in the help section, always an admission of defeat, and a soul diminishing experience in my opinion. Anyway the iTunes oracle tells me to:

Click File > Library > Back Up To Disc

And here's the problem "Back up to disc" isn't an option. The only options available are:

Organise Library.....
Export Library.....
Import Playlist.....
Export Playlist.....(this last is in grey so not really open to access)

I have "Organised" the library as per the first in the list to see if this opened up an new option, it didn't.
I have searched all the drop downs I can find to locate "Back Up To Disc", and it remains resolutely unfound.

Any ideas wise people :*

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Argh! Itunes on a PC! Mine gives me no end of drama! I am afraid i cant help mate but can share your pain and bump ya in the hope someone can :) Only a rubbish suggestion but i think i have burnt a disc from the folders on the bottom left before, try burning 'recently added'?

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
When I copied all my tracks to a hard drive it didnt use itunes, I copied direct from the source files saved in my computer files library T:

Maybe give that a whirl Al

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Do you have your tracks organised into playlists? If you do, then the playlists are listed down the left hand side, right??

Click once onto the playlist you wish to burn to cd. Then right click on it. On the menu which appears, there should be the option to 'burn playlist to disk'.

If you don't have them organised into playlists:

Open itunes. Click on 'music' in the left hand side menu. Select the tracks you wish to burn to cd. Do this by left clicking, just once, on each one. AT THE SAME TIME hold down the Ctrl button. This allows more than one track to be selected. As you select them, they should become highlighted.

Once you've selected all your tracks, go to 'file' [top left hand corner] and choose 'create playlist from selected'. Give you playlist a name. Once the playlist is listed on the left side , you can right click on it and choose to 'burn playlist to disk.

Follow onscreen instructions to complete the task.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to you Battlebus for the short version A:
Quick and dirty would have worked

Thanks to you Meatball for the geek version A:
I didn't understand it but I could have probably worked it out

Thanks to you impis8 for the detailed numpty version A:
I did as you suggested and it worked a treat

Gotta love this place :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dont it jus back up on your ipod? fowt that woz the point.:* wots the point of avin itunage otherwise?

Didnt i meet you at kent? didnt ave a van so com in my mates work van, cant come now cos he found out when his missus told and now i aint got anything to drive

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
When I copied all my tracks to a hard drive it didnt use itunes, I copied direct from the source files saved in my computer files library T:

Maybe give that a whirl Al
What he said.

Find the iTunes folder. In my music or somewhere like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You seem to have missed the point Tosser. I remember meeting you and your soppy mate at the Kent meet, so I'm not that surprised that an iPod has you confused.......Tosser!

·
12,080 Posts
You seem to have missed the point Tosser. I remember meeting you and your soppy mate at the Kent meet, so I'm not that surprised that an iPod has you confused.......Tosser!
Dont it jus back up on your ipod? fowt that woz the point.:* wots the point of avin itunage otherwise?

Didnt i meet you at kent? didnt ave a van so com in my mates work van, cant come now cos he found out when his missus told and now i aint got anything to drive

Get a room ya reprobatesRasp:

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Blimey, talk about turn a normal sedate thread into a Battle field:D Bet these two actually know each other and are just bored over the hols*<:)>

·
12,080 Posts
Blimey, talk about turn a normal sedate thread into a Battle field:D Bet these two actually know each other and are just bored over the hols*<:)>

I reckon you could be onto a winner there crawfI: got any ideas:cool:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whoever they are Crawf I reckon the one with the dodgy wrist is probably the biggest Tosser :*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts