VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so iv bought a damaged seat with a 2.3 v5 engine its had a bit of tuning at the moment and is producing about 170bhp.
its a rolling shell at the moment so all the wiring keys clocks dash suspension and brakes are there just need to start planning on when and how im going to get it into the t4

watch this space as i might do a picture thread:D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sounds interesting. Is it a 10v or a 20v motor?

I have often thought about a VR6 for my van (which is basically the same engine anyway). But never been sure about the gearbox. T4 VR6's only ever came with an auto and im not sure that any of the T4 boxes would handle the torque.What gearbox are you going to use? The one out of the Seat?

·
Registered
115 Posts
so iv bought a damaged seat with a 2.3 v5 engine its had a bit of tuning at the moment and is producing about 170bhp.
its a rolling shell at the moment so all the wiring keys clocks dash suspension and brakes are there just need to start planning on when and how im going to get it into the t4

watch this space as i might do a picture thread:D
Cracking engine. I have this in my Beetle. Bit thirsty on short runs though ;)

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Didnt the 20v run 170bhp as standard, the 10v were about 150.

Had a 10v 2.3 in my Seat, great engine..with right exhaust and filter sounds awesome tooH:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Appreciate its an old thread, but did this ever got to an end result? Ive been offered a nice 98 SWB T4 and want to do exactly the same but keep the van looking orginal outside.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Appreciate its an old thread, but did this ever got to an end result? Ive been offered a nice 98 SWB T4 and want to do exactly the same but keep the van looking orginal outside.
unless you want the 'sound' of a 5 cylinder, the v5 engine is best avoided as its not greatI:

same work to fit a vr6 or the r32 engine as they share similar components and with exception of the early vr6 (on ce2 wiring same ish as the t4), the v5 & r32 are mk4 golf era so need loom 'knittin......

Rich.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts