VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought a fridge for my van then decided to hide it in a cupboard that was already in my van but the fridge was 3 inches to tall so i went about cutting and moddifying my cupboard so i could fit my new fridge in place so i took it all out of my van took all the carpet off the cupboard took it all apart the spent all day cutting shapeing measuring and re carpeting i even cut a hole in the lid and put a vw badge in the hole for a vent to let air in for the fridge i was really happy with the finished cupboard i even sat in my van for a hour admireing my handy work anyways my wife came out and had a look today 2 days after i had built my cupboard and said how will you open your rock n roll bed ":*:*:*:*"oh and :* cause i never thought about that nob now my rock n roll bed is now just a seat LOL:.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I like your thinking Maxdog

Following that don't seal the hole completely, and you can use it as a gas drop out hole for you cooker, saves cutting another hole I:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for you suggestions guys LOL: but i thought about it im going to make quick release hindges so the lid still goes up and down as norm but when i want to put the bed out i can quick release the lid so the bed should just about clear the top of the fridge hopefully this will work if it dont any one want to but a fridge or a RNR bed LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
899 Posts
bugger :D I laughed sorry!

My dad did something similar'ish. He fitted my bed but when it was layed out as a bed I noticed you couldnt open the fridge door....
So he moved the bed back for me again I:

·
Registered
517 Posts
hahaha, im sorry mate, i can jus imagine my missus doin the same !!!! dont u just hate smart ass women, except my missus would watch me for hrs then say what about this ???????? :*:*:* women

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
brilliant I:,reminds me of my dad,one day his chainsaw wouldnt start ??spent ages messing around with it-cleaning the plug-cleaning **** from carb,still wouldnt go,reckoned carb u/s so ordered a new one,waited 2 days on arrival of carb,parted with £180 for carb took it home and fitted it-still wouldnt start-by this time hes really fed up,then my mum said to him you have got petrol in it???? doh I: no fuel

sometimes we cant see the wood for the trees H:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.