VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a fridge for my van then decided to hide it in a cupboard that was already in my van but the fridge was 3 inches to tall so i went about cutting and moddifying my cupboard so i could fit my new fridge in place so i took it all out of my van took all the carpet off the cupboard took it all apart the spent all day cutting shapeing measuring and re carpeting i even cut a hole in the lid and put a vw badge in the hole for a vent to let air in for the fridge i was really happy with the finished cupboard i even sat in my van for a hour admireing my handy work anyways my wife came out and had a look today 2 days after i had built my cupboard and said how will you open your rock n roll bed ":*:*:*:*"oh and :* cause i never thought about that nob now my rock n roll bed is now just a seat LOL:.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will have to cut the bed down now LOL:LOL:LOL: after all that work you wouldnt want redo the cupboard would you
ive decided to cut my loses with my cipboard and head to bnq tomorrow and get some more wood and make a corner unit what a b:*y nightmare LOL::(:(:(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just cut a hole in your floor and drop the fridge I: (From the same DIY manual) :D

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I like your thinking Maxdog

Following that don't seal the hole completely, and you can use it as a gas drop out hole for you cooker, saves cutting another hole I:

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
LOL:LOL: Should have got a cool box you can move them anywhere anytime. T:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for you suggestions guys LOL: but i thought about it im going to make quick release hindges so the lid still goes up and down as norm but when i want to put the bed out i can quick release the lid so the bed should just about clear the top of the fridge hopefully this will work if it dont any one want to but a fridge or a RNR bed LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
899 Posts
bugger :D I laughed sorry!

My dad did something similar'ish. He fitted my bed but when it was layed out as a bed I noticed you couldnt open the fridge door....
So he moved the bed back for me again I:

·
Registered
517 Posts
hahaha, im sorry mate, i can jus imagine my missus doin the same !!!! dont u just hate smart ass women, except my missus would watch me for hrs then say what about this ???????? :*:*:* women

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive fixed it the RNR bed now folds down but i cant open my cupboard now LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
brilliant I:,reminds me of my dad,one day his chainsaw wouldnt start ??spent ages messing around with it-cleaning the plug-cleaning **** from carb,still wouldnt go,reckoned carb u/s so ordered a new one,waited 2 days on arrival of carb,parted with £180 for carb took it home and fitted it-still wouldnt start-by this time hes really fed up,then my mum said to him you have got petrol in it???? doh I: no fuel

sometimes we cant see the wood for the trees H:

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
blinding , just read it and nearly spat my coffee over the lap topLOL:LOL:
still crying with laughter as i type . 1st class thx T:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts