VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I was fixing my heater controls last night in my T5 and thought I'll have a quick look to see if I have tweeters under the dash grills. I wasn't expecting to find any because my van started life as a basic security panel van... Low and behold, what do I find, but factory fitted tweeters! I was pretty surprised T: Is this a factory option as I thought only the Caravelles have dash tweeters? Also does this mean that the door speakers might be better than the basic standard panel van ones? I'm due to receive my electric window kit today so I have to remove door cards in the next couple of days and I was planning to upgrade the speakers at the same time. If this isn't necessary I might spend the money on something else. The head unit has been replaced by a previous owner, so I don't know what the factory unit was...

Any thoughts?

Cheers

·
Registered
668 Posts
I thought tweeters where standard?

I had them in my kombi but upgraded my fronts (door&tweeters) to alpine components.

The standard door ones are pretty average but if you think they sound good enough then save your money mate.

I was happy with mine for over a year, only upgraded them when I got a new hu&amp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts