1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Going for our first meet this coming weekend and looking forward to it

however i had an idea while i was at Chester lakes car boot sale

Chester lakes does all sorts of events inc Harley Davidson meets, they also encourage camping, fishing in the lakes

I had a word with Dave the owner today as he stopped me to admire the bus, anyway oi told his about this weekends meet Near Snugburys.

He basically said £10 per bus with as many hookup as he can provide, per night with use of the facilities and bar

could accommodate big numbers ( chester lakes is massive ) and promote it if necessary

Is this of interest to the you on the forum

heres his website

http://www.chesterlakes.co.uk/

let me know if you lot think its a good idea too

Steve

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi mate as your aware we go all the time and I was there last weekend camping by the lake in the woods, it's a brilliant place with loads space, lots of fishing lakes a marquee type bar which has bands, stone baked pizzas burgers etc, and it even has a car boot that starts early in the same field on a Sunday ( not to near the camping spots so dont worry). And when I say space I mean space we could easily have half of the field well away from others, I have some pictures I will put up tomorrow.

Well up for a meet mate anytime, happily help you organise etc. speak to you soon anyway!

Jim

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jim,

We have been at the car boots weekly but didn't realise you'd camped there - looks great fun, as i say just thought of while we where there today.

Dave seams a friendly fella, and well up for it

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yeah didn't realise you were there either, if you ever fancy a night up there give us a shout !! Catch you Sunday mate ! We can only manage an hour or Sunday so will be ther early!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Suggest it to Gordon(Taylorscamper) on Sunday at the ice cream farm mate he is always open to suggestions and cheap camping places

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Sounds good, didn't realise it was there, I'll have to check it out on the weekend

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Just looked at website Halloween looks fun wonder if they will do £10 a night per bus for that party who's your contact again T:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just looked at website Halloween looks fun wonder if they will do £10 a night per bus for that party who's your contact again T:

They did £15 without electric including fishing so im sure he will do it cheap if a few of us go. Halloween does look good!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
They did £15 without electric including fishing so im sure he will do it cheap if a few of us go. Halloween does look good!
Maybe an idea for someone to organise???? I'd go for holloween :) I'm just no time to organise??!!!!! Any offers???

·
Registered
759 Posts
Typical spent ages writing a reply and shut my browser .......

Anyway, T4Guy ( sorry dont know your name) did you get a reply?
The reason i mention is that im happy to organise something for halloween. I can always go up and discuss a price but i sure we will get it for a tenner a night.

With regards electric hookup of which there are plenty they are near or adjacent t the marquee which is good but if you have little ones you will be next to the live band and other caravans. If your happy to live without electrics for a night then we can towards the back of the field and pretty much have a big area to ourselves.

Its bit rough round the edges and the facilities and pretty standard but for a night with live music/good food/fishing/carboot/chester all on your doorstep you cant go wrong.

Irishwales-Steve sorry if im stepping on your toes as it was your suggestion let me know happy for you to role with it but their is not a great deal to organise so im happy to crack on.

Will pm taylors now and see what he thinks and maybe chat about it sunday at the meet, ill be in the white 57german plate T5 with my mrs and the little one still got commercial bumpers to.

Jim

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Hi Jim,

No response from site as yet, I'm looking for Camp towards the end of November so I'll wait and see what they have to say.
Halloween Camp sounds like a good idea, think a few will be interested.

Either way the site looks ideal for a Forum meet.

T4Guy, aka Guy LOL:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts