VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all got a problem with my drivers side window. Bascily i wound the window up and now its jammed and wont wind down. Ive had the door card off and had a look cant see anything jamming or broken.Just wondering if theres any common faults i should be looking for or If it's a new mechanism i need. If so has anyone got one i can buy.
Thanks Aaron.:bhd

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem, after an inspection I found that the door panel support bar spot welds had broken off and the bar had came back just enough too obstruct the window from opening or closing.
You can either weld it back into place or cut it out completely.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that ill have a proper look if it ever stops raining A:T: Cheers Aaron

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mine jams half way down, but the locating tags were bent on the bit that attaches to the glass, I bent them back into place but now it jams half way down, so tickets at carparks can be a little challenging :(

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got it sorted.No bent tags or broken spot welds or anything the actual mechanism was bust wether it could have been repaired or not i dont know. I just went and got a complete new lifter and popped it in. Hardest bit was trying to get the old lifter out because the window was stuck in fully closed position so no movement but got there in the end with a bit of brute force and ignorance. Thanks for all the suggestions. A: Happy Days :ILU:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts