VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I think it's about time we had a Jersey meet :)

With an ever increasing T4 and T5 presence in Jersey, it may be an idea to have a get together.
An ideal opportunity to make new friends, exchange idea's, show off your van or simply ask questions.

Who would be up for it ?

We could have our own little spot on the 'Regional Forums' section :D

TURK

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all,

Not exactly a meet ..... but a precursor to what may become a regular fixture for Jersey T4 owners.

The venue ....... my workshop ! I: but we do have a much better meeting place already staked out.

In attendance;

Veedubadub, my self TURK ...... and JSYT4 who I just met recently.

A couple of immaculate ( and I truly mean immaculate ! ) buses turned up >>

All three late models low mileage >>

The interesting thing concerning the mileage, which is almost laughable.

All combined mileages ......... 47,000 - 62,500 - 62,400 only add up to 171,900 LOL: which is still lower than some second hand buses I've seen for sale recently. Definitely keepers T:

So thanks guys for making this a first, I really enjoyed shooting the breeze, and chatting T4 related stuff T:

Next time, a real meet at 'La Braye', hopefully more will come, even if it's to show off their vans.

Who's up for that one ?

TURK

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Think I can manage Le Braye as its only half a mile from home, so I'll defo be there. :)

Great to get together and have a T4 natter today guys, and good to see vans in different stages of progress: the finished article all fitted out (love the gas strut supported bonnet) and two works in progress. One with some rather tasty headlights to come , and er , one with the mystery rainwater leak.:confused:

Off to cut out some floor and wall templates tomorrow, and any suggestions about a good head unit still welcome please, Turk.

Note to the rest of the world: Jersey is only a little Island and it takes us ages to get round to doing what you guys have been doing well for ages , van meets and get togethers. Looking forward to the next one, and thanks for the piccies Turk.T:

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Forgot to mention, when I got home I opened up the underseat safes below both both front swivels, found the main nut and bolt and its as tight as a ....tight nut. So that's not the cause of my rocking loose swivels:(t

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great chatting to guys who share your passion. Personally, I found it very information !
I'd only seen the bonnet strut in pictures on the forum, so couldn't gauge how effective it would be, but having seen it in action ...... I'll definitely be getting one T:

I think Le Braye slip should be OK for a meet, as there's usually a few T4's knocking about down there anyway, plus it has a nice cafe and T4's are really in their element near the beach. Glad you're up for it. Thinking about how to get maximum exposure for a T4 meet ....... looks like Farcebook' ! ..........
I don't usually like using that thing, but if that's where they hang out, let's bring them out their shell :D you'd be surprised to know just how many local guys I've spoken to ( as I usually get approached in carparks when they see Lulu I: ), that don't know about this forum.

Jersey T4 Owners Club Farcebook link > https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jersey-T4-Owners-Club/313014335449567

Your leak will take time to find, but we'll find it ! and don't worry about your wobbly seat ....... bring your bus up during the week and we'll take the seat out and have a proper look. You may of lost some bearings from the swivel. Anyway, a bit of research on here may hold the answer.

Without knowing your budget selecting a headunit could be difficult. But you can't go far wrong with Pioneer, so we'll start looking at those. The type and style of speakers you go for will be determined by where in intend in installing them really. An amp to power the rear speakers is a must, as is a sub.
We''ll go through that when we take a look at your seat during the week, just let me know when it's convenient for you.

See you soon mate T:

TURK

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello from Donkeyland!

We're getting a few T4's appearing over here too now.

I normally come over to Jersey a couple of times a year so will look you up next time we're over.

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The T4 is undoubtedly growing in popularity, as there are many over here as well.
From what I'm reading on the forum, many guys ( and gals ) are buying or searching for T4's virtually on a daily basis.

Why is this ....... well, I think is two things, popularity of camping is coming back because travel and hotels are forever on the increase, and the obvious reason is the freedom a campervan or 'weekender' offers.

Next time you're in Jersey, don't hesitate to contact me ...... we'll arrange a get together T:

TURK

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations veedubadub for becoming a fully fledged member of the T4 forum T:T: A:

Now you can take advantage of all those extra options us VIP's get :D

Next up, must be a build thread surely I:

And maybe, just maybe, we can persuade JSYT4 to post some pictures of his lovely van 'Sky' I:

TURK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning Turk,

Wish you guys where closer to Northern VA. Would like to catch up with other T4 owners. Maybe I can swing by for a weekend meet at some point. I will probably start picking your over the facebook page

Rey

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Rey,

Nice to hear about folk and their T4' as far a field as Virginia in the good old US of A T:

I wish you could 'pop' round for a weekend to shoot the breeze, but we're in 'Jersey' ........ and not in 'New Jersey' ! I:

You see, in order to have a 'New Jersey' there must be an 'Old Jersey'. Bang in 'Jersey Channel Islands' into Google Earth, and you will see that we are pretty far away from yourself. Jersey in the Channel Islands gave it's name to 'New Jersey' as it was the DeCarteret family from over here that established New Jersey.

Learn a new thing everyday ! :D

We would still like to see a photo of your bus though T:

Here's a photo of Lulu with here 'J' reg number plate >>

TURK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts