VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, one or two things on the go right now.

Biggest show I have undertaken to date less than a week away, imminent house move, new projects at work, 2 & a 4 year old (need I say more) and a whole heap of other stuff in the back ground.

The reason for sharing this with you ... last week I discovered I had a small leak in our new camper from the sink - no problem, its under warranty so took it back, besides had two whole weeks before due to take it to Beaulieu.

So, went to pick it up today, (120 mile round trip) all leaks sorted - but wouldn't start :eek: Couldn't find anything myself and the mechanic is on hols for the week .... :eek::eek: so had to leave it there .... Stress ometer creeping up.

There is always a plan B, so on the way home I am thinking I will just have to take the tusty old Black Van ... but hang on, I have just sold the Puck :eek::eek: and also just sold my T5 R&R Bed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Didn't think I would have the need to use them again !!!!

So how ironic is this, we will be back to where I was 6 years ago .... empty Van - no creature comforts and back to the Tent LOL:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Re: Jimbo - Officially Stressed !!!!

So then mate you are going old school for this show I:
Bad luck mate :ILU: that's just sods law.

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts

crikey ! what a week your having !

If you want old school wait till you see our van next weekend. 91' J plate and a tent.

no carpets let alone comforts !LOL:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

You can always call in on your way down and swap out the 2 singles for the triple for the weekend T:

Offers there.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts

Your lucky mate. At least you have a working set of wheels to get you there in the dry, there is always somebody worse off to put things into reality. I'm running about on my motorbike in the most unpredictable awful weather i have ever known and its awful. You will need to have a couple more beers. The van looked good when i spotted you on the A11 by the way hope you get it all sorted soon bud T:

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts

Major boh ache there dude. I bet your lot are not happy about that. No chance of getting the new one going i take it?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

You can always call in on your way down and swap out the 2 singles for the triple for the weekend T:

Offers there.
Just realised how far round Beaulie is from me. Thought it was closer. :confused:

Would have made a bit of a long trip down for you.

Good luck with it all. T: And happy camping ;)

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Cheers for he offer T: but as you say, tis a bit far, if nothing has changed by Thu morning will be buying a double air bed for the Van LOL:

LOL:LOL:LOL: Proper oldskool camping :D The kids won’t be too fussed either way, but Mrs Jimbo may not be quite so keen I:

Still I will be taking lots of wine to ease the situ T:

Jimbo

p.s. I am remaining positive tho, still got three whole days to go

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Update on this ... (Yep still stressed) The mechanic at the camper centre couldn't find why it wouldn't start so another garage looing at it :confused:

Looking very unlikely to get it back for Beaulieu now ... but just been looking for the Flag, Banner, Seats, Forum merchandise etc .... Just realised where it is.

In the Camper of course :eek::eek::eek: Nooooooooooooooo

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts

:eek: When it rains it pours!
Chin up I:
Will all come together in the end T:

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts

here the camper ?
maybe some one near by could collect them for ya:ILU:
chance of an other forum courier jobbie

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts

jimbo, any news on the big camper yet? have they had a look at it? where is it? maybe i can help?

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts

Update on this ... (Yep still stressed) The mechanic at the camper centre couldn't find why it wouldn't start so another garage looing at it :confused:

Looking very unlikely to get it back for Beaulieu now ... but just been looking for the Flag, Banner, Seats, Forum merchandise etc .... Just realised where it is.

In the Camper of course :eek::eek::eek: Nooooooooooooooo
i cant make the ace tonight, but youve got my mobile number, i may be able to find some way of getting ur camper on the road by the weekend, give me a shout!

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Cheers Daz - I have not been able to egt through to them today, but will be going up there for it Thu as I have all the Flags and Banners in it for the weekend.

Will call you soon as I been in contact with them.

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
4,220 Posts

Jim, Dunno if you remember My W reg Anniversay model that night at the Ace when it just spun over and While waiting for the Yellow van to arrive I tapped the Key on the dash and it started almost like Waking up the Chip. Might be worth a Bash (excuse the pun) LOL:

·
Registered
683 Posts

Hope you get everything sorted in time for T4fest. I'm having to work unfortunately so think yourself lucky!

And speaking of work I'm away to drag my heals all night in a huff! :*

·
Registered
5,175 Posts

Jimbo i feel your pain, i know very well how it feels to have all the bad luck pretty sure mines not run out yet as well :( broke my wing mirror off yesterday and smashed my new tea, coffee and sugar pots as well :eek: dropped the bag they where in :confused:

I'm sure when you get to T4 fest they'll be plenty of beers to forget your worries, have fun at the wkend still gutted i'm not there :ILU:

·
Registered
613 Posts

I'm sure when you get to T4 fest they'll be plenty of beers to forget your worries, have fun at the wkend still gutted i'm not there :ILU:
I suggest we show our appreciation by ensuring that Jim doesn't need to bring his own alcohol. Never met him, but he must be a top bloke given the effort he's put into this and the whole forum.

I know I've got a crate of Magners with his name on it ..... let's see if we can fill his van I:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts