VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
How do your side bars hold up to stone chips, general wear and tear, etc? Were they chrome and then sprayed/powder coated? T:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, wrapped the badges, grill trim etc.....I also tried to wrap the wing mirrors. They looked ok till the sun came out!! Had the side bars powder coated earlier this week, hope they stand up to stone chips better than just paint as wherever I drive the stones ping off them all the time.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Yep looks very nice, Nice to see a black rear spoiler instead of the standard white, Did you put the rear mud flaps on!! Ive got a set here waiting to go on but cant bring myself to drill my new white bumpers LOL:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes mate, the flaps were fitted by me it was pretty straight forward though compared to most things i've done on the van. Bite the bullet and do it.....scared me to death too drilling new paint:eek::eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, your van looks superb, just ordered a set of flaps, could you tell me do they have to fit that far back on the rear bumper or is there a bit of adjustment to bring them forward a bit? Also what type/size of drill bit do you need to drill the bumper? That bit scares me:confused:
Many thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
that's where they fit. the brackets mean you can't really move them much and in fact they make the sides of the bumper a little more rigid too. If you want scary I took the drill to a Cali to put em on, £40k of van and a Black and Decker cordless!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi mate, flaps are fitted as per vw spec however I would say you can cut the fixing bracket in half to allow them to fit closer to the wheel, personally think they look a little different fitted as they are as most other manufacturers fit them to the arch. I was a bit unsure when fitting them as I couldn't see them working too well but they work really well even with the massive wheels:ILU: Easy to fit a great functional addition.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the headlight from ebay, if you can spend the extra I would recommend the LED indicator versions like what I have as they finish the look off nicelyT: Cheers

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yep they are nice ones, I've been looking around for little while, yours are just the type i like, Its which mod to do next? Black roof or headlights! Decisions decisions!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi guys, The side rear windows are both dummies stuck on to the panels, I had to keep the van secure and still get the look I wanted. The grills in the bumper were painted using a brush.....a real pain!! Jonsey I will have to catch up soon as i have found some interior panels. Maybe catch you down the Whittle first Wednesday. T:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looking good another winner for team black and white!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts