VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Anyone joined two lesure battery's together to gain more power (more Amps that is ) and has it worked is it u join them in parellell i believe need some more power to run some lights T:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Hello

Anyone joined two lesure battery's together to gain more power (more Amps that is ) and has it worked is it u join them in parellell i believe need some more power to run some lights T:
Yes parallel and make sure the wiring/relay can cope with the extra load T:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
There's another recent post covering this (Click on my name & look at posts & you should find it). The bottom line is yes you can. I've got 2 x 110ah connected in parallel and they provide enough power to keep the fridge running all day over 3 days, switching off at night, but they need to be the same rating and the same condition. I.E. if one of them's old and one new, you won't get the best performance as the older / weaker one will drag the pereformance down. I thought you would just get a total figure of the battery ratings (110ah and 60ah = 170ah) but it don't work that way apparently. Upspex could probably fill you in on the technical reasons for this.

Merry Xmas*<:)>

Al.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks mate that's good help think will get 2 new ones and connect in parrellel seen them quite cheap have a nice Xmas *<:)>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts