VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi anybody had problems with the front shock insert comeing loose ,on the jom coilovers ,have now come loose 3 times last time used thred lock and still come loose thinking of going back to standard shocks and springs ,im a mechanic and fitted loads of inserts and never had a problem like this

·
Registered
702 Posts
I had to do hub mod cos it looked so stupid, couldn't believe it when I fitted them and dropped the van off the jacks and it was so high....total dissapointment

My FK Highsports I got on my new van are mint so low and good value at £399T:

But that's what you get when you pay peanuts total I: won't make that mistake again LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Where did you get them from

What the JOM - tidy transporters I got them from, and I phoned him to say about the front and he said its a good kit and never had any complaints before LOL::*

The FK on my new van off eBay £399 - great value kit at that price one of the lowest kits on the market at its lowest setting:cool:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Funny isn't it... whenever you contact a supplier of faulty goods to say you have a problem, they always say "well we've never heard of that problem before"

Going down the same route with my Prosport coilovers - mine are knocking and creaking so much I hate driving the van now, and the suppliers (NOT anyone on here I might add) are saying "send them back to us at your expense, we will send them to the manufacturer for inspection and IF they find a fault then we will refund you"
:(

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mine have a slight rumble on the front offside, not enough to warrant changing. Funny enough my supplier said they had no problems with them either. Then when I asked for a refund I got ignored. :*

·
Registered
702 Posts
Funny isn't it... whenever you contact a supplier of faulty goods to say you have a problem, they always say "well we've never heard of that problem before"

Going down the same route with my Prosport coilovers - mine are knocking and creaking so much I hate driving the van now, and the suppliers (NOT anyone on here I might add) are saying "send them back to us at your expense, we will send them to the manufacturer for inspection and IF they find a fault then we will refund you"
:(

What I dnt understand is why suppliers want to sale rubbish cheap nasty kits like JOM/Prosport and put there reputation on the line of selling these, all you hear is complaint after complaint, and I was one of them;)
I work for myself as a sparky and I only use good kit wouldn't use cheap nasty rubbish kit as it reflects back on me when I'm forever going back to the jobs:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.