VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
previously; salad tosser
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok forgive me if this has already been covered and yes i know there is a simular thread already running but after reading all the reply's i've got a headach and still non the wiser, basically i have a £300ish budget and want a set of coilies.
Answers on the back of a postcard:D

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
The TA technics ones were well over £400, and they are absolute S***. Factor in £150 - £200 to get them fitted and you dont want to waste money on a poor product. I have the Technics on my van and had heard a few good reports, but within weeks everyone was suffering squeaking suspension.
My advice would be to buy from a ruputable UK source and find more than 2 people who have had them on their vans for at least 6 months with no reported problems.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
The TA technics ones were well over £400, and they are absolute S***. Factor in £150 - £200 to get them fitted and you dont want to waste money on a poor product. I have the Technics on my van and had heard a few good reports, but within weeks everyone was suffering squeaking suspension.
My advice would be to buy from a ruputable UK source and find more than 2 people who have had them on their vans for at least 6 months with no reported problems.
CMC's would be one candidate then*<:)>

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
JOM on mine for 6000 miles no problems yet.... Rear springs are a little soft though, but I'd guess they are all like that due to design. Look identical to vmaxx and ride is as good but without adjustable damping

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just fitted JOMS on mine... ride is sweet and low. Much better feel than my original suspension. Vw T5 1.9 running on 20" stormers.
Would recommend. T:

·
previously; salad tosser
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im being swayed towards jom ones because of the responce but wickedtintz how soft are the rears? Its not being used as a van more a surf bus so wont be carrying a huge amont of weight, dont want the tyres tucked under the arches but no gap it you get what i mean:ILU:

·
Registered
717 Posts
yeah been following all the TA technics posts hence why i started this thread to try and help myself and other forum members on a budget from being stung, got to admit though not heard a bad word about the cmc ones *<:)>
I Think the lesson is to buy from an established retailer based in the UK, should any warranty issues arise

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I've sold quite a few Prosort and Vmaxx kits over time and not had any issues with any of them and currently developing GAZ coil overs . All kits should have a 2 year warranty which is pretty much the norm for suspension items.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts