VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.
We have an 02 plate 2.5 AJT. We have an Allard EGR delete kit fitted and a PPT stainless exhaust (just to give you a better picture!) For a little while, we have noticed something akin to a judder/shudder from the van - this seems to be restricted to first gear when pulling away and if you give it more revs, the issue is lessened.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience of this and what the main things to go looking at might be? Don't think it's binding brakes etc as it seems to drive fine the rest of the time (except for power loss up hills - which is another little issue!)

Any thoughts would be very welcome!

Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, The Clutch feels quite high, so that's a possibility.... not one I want to pay to deal with, but a possibility nonetheless! Just wasn't sure if others might have found other contributing issues?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Cheers! Will have a look at the engine mount - not gone looking for that before - where is it exactly and what am I looking for!?
Hello

as above

if it judders in forward and reverse gears its the DMF

if it does it just driving forward its the gearbox mount

i had 2 DMF's Fail so swapped to SMF , alot people people have different opinions on DMF or SMF i prefer Solid Flywheel T:

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,420 Posts
As above,

What you're looking for is this below (borrowed from this thread http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=380762)

As for single mass flywheel or dual. I have just had a SMF replaced with a DMF, as well as the two gearbox mounts. (pendulum mount and the top gearbox mount.) I'm not saying that early deterioration of the mounts were caused by the SMF. As the mounts were cheap (replaced with Febi). But they might have been a factor. I don't think it helped that I replaced the upper a year after the lower and the upper was goosed as long as the lower was.

The difference in SMF and DMF is noticeable but I wouldn't say the SMF is worse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same symptoms, although made much better by a brand spankers throttle cable. Turned out I wasn't getting half the travel on the fuel valve thing, and my accelerator pedal is now a lot higher! I need to get my mounts checked, but the cable is a sound investment for peace of mind and that 'new van' feel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.