VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a t5 174 exe caravelle when I get in it ive noticed a juddering when cold it dosnt seem to do it when warmed up its a new one on me anyone got any ideas. cheers in advance:eek:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Juddering / shuddering seems to be a very common occurrence on the T5. There are already quite a few threads about it. Sometimes caused by a faulty injector, sometimes other stuff. Mine seems to occur at about 1800 revs - when accelerating - to 2000 revs. It doesn't do it at those revs on the way back down [slowing] If i'm gentler on the accelerator, it doesn't do it at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the van is an 07 174 auto and the vibration is only noticable at low speed when turning sharply and only when just setting off its freeking me out now that ive read all the steering pump threads and dmf threads etc who knows of a decent independant vw mechanic in manchester *<:)>

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
the van is an 07 174 auto and the vibration is only noticable at low speed when turning sharply and only when just setting off its freeking me out now that ive read all the steering pump threads and dmf threads etc who knows of a decent independant vw mechanic in manchester *<:)>
Well the good news is that it doesn't sound like a DMF problem. It wouldn't happen at low speed when you turn sharply. Wrong set of circumstances.

Have a search for knock. I've seen a lot of threads about newish vans with a knock or thump on the steering especially on full lock. Fix is usually a spray of thin oil somewhere (5 min job and £5 on WD40 can fix it for a few thousand miles). Might be the CV joint or somewhere.

Have a read up properly though through the posts. I don't have this problem so haven't researched it properly, just picked up a few bits here and there.

;) Don't panic

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for the reply groover which thread did you see that on mate if its a wd 40 job I might be doing that one myself even though im a plasterer

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Have a read through the thread titled "T5 with clonk thru steering wheel"

You'll have to search for it as I can't post a link to it for some reason.

It sounds like your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts