VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, the time has come to book our first outing in the camper 😬 we’re looking to go to the Jurassic coast at the end of this month, somewhere around Lyme Regis… possibly stopping half way (maybe new forest) for a couple of nights on the way down and then the same kind of thing on the way back.
Any recommendations of campsites, preferably with electric hookup?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Toms Field in Langton Matravers (just outside Swanage), any of the West Dorset Leisure sites (Google them for locations) and Beer Head Caravan Park has a few spaces for campers. Loads more in that area so I'm sure there'll be a few more suggestions thrown in:cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toms Field in Langton Matravers (just outside Swanage), any of the West Dorset Leisure sites (Google them for locations) and Beer Head Caravan Park has a few spaces for campers. Loads more in that area so I'm sure there'll be a few more suggestions thrown in:cool:
Love Beer Head! Been to the caravan park a fair few times growing up and was the first place I looked at 😂 I’ll have to check out the others, thanks raymal

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many of you are going? Kids ? ..
Still early in the season so many will still be closed for winter .

Highlands end is great ( WATCH THE WEATHER ) idyllic views but very exposed to south westerly winds.

Hook farm is still closed until march .
The Shubbery is nice and close to Lyme .
It’ll be myself, partner & 4 year old daughter… and our dog.
Thanks BitterandTwisted I’ll check those out 👍😄

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since looked and the shrubbery doesnt open til april (n) .
We're hoping to get out again soon too :cool:
By the looks of it a lot aren’t open yet, I was hoping we could get down to Beer Head caravan park but that’s the same, closed until mid March… I’ve finally got a camper after years of saying ‘I’d love one of those!’, I can’t wait until mid march! 😂

·
Registered
269 Posts
There's always the option of an odd night wild camping but I see you have a little one, so not ideal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are still places that are open just not a massive choice .
Where are you based and how far do you wanna travel ?
Oh yeah definitely still a few available. We’re on the Essex/Hertfordshire border, I was thinking up to around a 2.5 hour drive to stop somewhere and then same again on to somewhere else.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's always the option of an odd night wild camping but I see you have a little one, so not ideal.
Yeah thinking we may do a couple nights wild camping while the little one is with the grandparents, just for a trial run of setting up the awning etc before we all go.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That'll be ideal (y) .
It'll give you a good chance to see what's what, what you need that you didn't take and what you dont need that you did.
Enjoy 🤙

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That'll be ideal (y) .
It'll give you a good chance to see what's what, what you need that you didn't take and what you dont need that you did.
Enjoy 🤙
Exactly!
Thanks T4Hulk 🤙
(love your t4 btw! That green is awesome!)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Bagwell farm and Portesham Dairy farm between Weymouth and bridport are open all year. Bagwell has an amazing shower block (the new one) and a family bathroom. There’s also the Dorset hideaway outside bridport but we’ve not been to this one

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bagwell farm and Portesham Dairy farm between Weymouth and bridport are open all year. Bagwell has an amazing shower block (the new one) and a family bathroom. There’s also the Dorset hideaway outside bridport but we’ve not been to this one
Thanks airhoguk I’ll take a look at those 👍

1 - 19 of 19 Posts