VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to this forum as I've just purchased my first t5 :) so any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ashley

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome :)

What are you planning for your T5? The forum is REALLY useful for giving ideas from wiring in lights to complete conversions, where to go once you are up and running, and even what to cook your dinners in.. my current obsession!

Have fun, and warn the bank balance to be prepared..........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's going to be used for motocross so it will remain empty in the back just with a hard wearing floor :) first things I would like to do is have the seats re trimmed in leather and a double din screen instead
Of the standard head unit. Then lastly upgrade the 16 vw alloys for a set of 18s/19s. Preferably sportline alloys.

Thanks

Ashley

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm a newbie too! For replacement head units Pioneer seem very well regarded. I couldn't stretch to a Pioneer with the features I wanted so got a JVC and although it is a new model it feels a bit old tech. Worth getting hands on before making a decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank you for that advice as I was gonna ask people on their opinions on head units as you see a lot of different ones for sale. So wanted people's input on the best ones to go for.

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
We have the Pioneer 960DAB which is great and works with Apple Carplay. It did get smudged really easily, but just bought a kindle fire screen protector and cut it down. The only thing both me and Husband don't like is the lack of a twiddly volume control. Oh and in bright sunlight you can't see the display very well. It was easy to install, and other than those bits really happy with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for the advice. I will definitely be after one in the next coming weeks so if anyone has one for sale then please Let me know

·
Premium Member
6,285 Posts
I don't do Motocross but I do cyclocross and XC mountain bike events instead. I'll just tell you now that T5s on wide car tyres are pathetic on wet grass and useless if there's any mud about so I'd do a few events before committing to bling wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I was thinking that. I've got 16 inch genuine vw alloys at the moment. So will see how I get on first before changing them. Thanks for your advice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts