VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
Thanks for letting me join the group, I am based in Hamilton and recently bought a 1995 autosleeper gl clubman, it has a 2lt engine and I need some extra power as hills are horrible. Can anyone point me in the direction of supply and or fit of a turbo. TIA David

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
how deep is your pocket?

turbo on diesel is easy & reasonablycheap, turbo on petrol = loadsamoney ;)

Rich.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Thankfully mines is a 2lt diesel.
1995 is 1.9 diesel, should be a 1X code 60hp;)

you can fit a t4 1.9td turbo & manifolding then sort some way of making an oil-drain to the sump then adjust fueling to get a little more:unsure:

or you could go for the direct fit 1.9td 'ABL' code from a '96 onwards t4? cost of an engine & fitting but 68hp?

then theres the slightly more complicated mk3 golf or B4 Passat td engine, the infamous 'AAZ' code with 75hp (needs some alteration from the car fitment).

if you want a real improvement reserch into the infamous 1.9tdi conversion with either a '1Z' or 'AHU' code engine (based on a mk3 golf or B4 Passat tdi donor) - these are 90hp and a vast improvement for little outlay if you're diy-competant:cool:

vw raided the partsbin for a lot of stuff, so can we;)

Rich.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1995 is 1.9 diesel, should be a 1X code 60hp;)

you can fit a t4 1.9td turbo & manifolding then sort some way of making an oil-drain to the sump then adjust fueling to get a little more:unsure:

or you could go for the direct fit 1.9td 'ABL' code from a '96 onwards t4? cost of an engine & fitting but 68hp?

then theres the slightly more complicated mk3 golf or B4 Passat td engine, the infamous 'AAZ' code with 75hp (needs some alteration from the car fitment).

if you want a real improvement reserch into the infamous 1.9tdi conversion with either a '1Z' or 'AHU' code engine (based on a mk3 golf or B4 Passat tdi donor) - these are 90hp and a vast improvement for little outlay if you're diy-competant:cool:

vw raided the partsbin for a lot of stuff, so can we;)

Rich.
Thanks Rich for the detail, way above my pay grade, I am meeting a mechanic tomorrow and will show him your note.
Thanks
D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts