VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi bought my van a couple of weeks ago and already been on the modification trail!
Changed the original early rear lights to the later red and clear. Removed front and rear stickers that had been previously added.
Just serviced her and know ready to start a camper conversion of sorts.
The spending never ends!

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Looks much cleaner now (y)

What's the plan for the conversion?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently there are six seats and carpeted rear, firstly my plan is to remove one seat and run cabinets and wardrobe down the side. Then add split charge system. Eventually remove seats and put in 3/4 rock and roll bed.
Not sure what to do about sink or cooker etc. Just want to do it cheaply at first so maybe a removable gas cooker and plug in cool box to start.
Just bought a spoiler for the rear and looking for a lower lip to balance up.

Premium Member
Sounds like a plan Paul, have a butchers through my build as I've done very similar to what you're looking to do. I've built a manual fed sink and tap system and allowed for a portable gas hob. Might be of some use for you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, Cabinets have been ordered, spoiler arrived and is being painted. Picking up a second hand 3/4 rock and roll bed today.
Birthday presents picked. Side repeaters, bonnet strut, auto headlights and extra door seals.
So much bought already and so much more to go!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Serviced the van and discovered the oil filter housing was not a 32mm socket but actually 36mm. At this point oil was drained!!
Thanks to good old dad he picked up the 36mm from euro car parts so I could finish the job.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah alot quicker than expected! So much for waiting!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I managed to get hold of a rock and roll bed on marketplace at a great price.
I wasn't expecting to get one this year due to cost but I couldn't turn it down.
Now fitted I have to remove the previously fitted middle three van seats
This however seems more difficult than previous thought!
As you can see in the picture I removed the main seat but left the frames for now.
Looking underneath it seems the bits and spreader plates are under alot of plastic and worst of all the fuel tank!

Anyone have any suggestions as an easy way to remove?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually they are in primer, going gloss red as my winter set

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts