VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a 2001 Y reg, 83k miles, SWB, nothing done apart from a full resprayto freshen up and carped and ply lined......

What would you pay?

Cheers

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
the prices vary so much,i have seen 51 plate vans for £1500 and as much as £5000-if for example you bought it from a joiner you could pay very little for it as its just a van to him,if you were to buy it from ebay or from a dealer whos freshened it up to cash in on it then you would pay a fair bit more,at the end of the day if you are happy with it then who cares T:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
You cant have been ripped off, If you are happy with the van and the price you paid T:

The value of something like a T4 is basically whatever someone is willing to pay for it, so as long as its not stolen, or a clone or whatever, then that's cool.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Like they say, you were happy with the price you paid, you looked at the van and were happy, if we all said should pay £500 to £1500 would that make you un happy ? the price is what you can afford and happy with :*

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hell yeah i'd be unhappy if you said 1500! i've paid 4250 for it, but i know i've paid more than some but it has got a warranted 83k on the clock, 1 owner and fvwsh......

Looking forward to getting the beauty!

It's in red too, not tornado but the other red??? not seen it other than on pics and it looks pinkish, he's assured me it's not and more red, anyone have one the same colour?

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
If you've not seen it yet, I hope you've not paid :(

Not that there is anything wrong with the price or the van. Just not a good idea that's all.

(to pay without seeing, or buy without driving !)

·
Registered
105 Posts
No sorry, just driven past it but as i said it looks really smart, the guy you are buying it off has a long reputation as a tidy bloke, been around for years. If its any consolation we have just bought a 51 plate, swb, 2.5tdi for £3500, no paint job, no carpet lining and 100,000+ on the clock!! However, full service history and we know the guy it came from and as someone else said before if your happy who cares, I assume you haven't sold your Granny to get it - just enjoy!.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No sorry, just driven past it but as i said it looks really smart, the guy you are buying it off has a long reputation as a tidy bloke, been around for years. If its any consolation we have just bought a 51 plate, swb, 2.5tdi for £3500, no paint job, no carpet lining and 100,000+ on the clock!! However, full service history and we know the guy it came from and as someone else said before if your happy who cares, I assume you haven't sold your Granny to get it - just enjoy!.
oh excellent thank you for that, you've made our day saying it looks smart and the bloke is decent chap!! happy days! can't wait to get it now.

Thank you for posting

·
Registered
326 Posts
i personally wouldn't pay that 4250 for a standard van with some wood and carpet, that hasn't even been done to a great standard.

yes it has one owner and full service history. but that one owner could have been a complete toss of a driver, low miles isn't much of an issue either as they go on forever anyway.

would be thinking if its so mint why has it had a full respray? take a magnet with you and check all panels for filler.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i personally wouldn't pay that 4250 for a standard van with some wood and carpet, that hasn't even been done to a great standard.

yes it has one owner and full service history. but that one owner could have been a complete toss of a driver, low miles isn't much of an issue either as they go on forever anyway.

would be thinking if its so mint why has it had a full respray? take a magnet with you and check all panels for filler.
thanks a lot for your words of wisdom........... A:

What makes you think it's not been done to a great standard?

It's probably has a spray as it is a van that will not have been detailed weekly and collonited each month, so might have faded?

As said though cheers for your input, i'll make sure to take the magnet, cheers for the heads up!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts