VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As title just to pass time while I'm away from the van.
Anyone else have other projects or toys they have other than the transporter?
Here's mine. Even though it's not in use due to the current situation.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful looking split there mate.
Well out of my budget.
Wish I bought a bay window a few years ago when they were cheaper

Registered
Thanks guys he (pedro) is our pride and joy a very different bus to a t5 but fun in a different way
And of course takes a lot of our time up tinkering fixing maintenance cleaning etc not that im short of time at the moment !! And of course sadly no weddings this year
Purchased a long time ago at a much more affordable price I couldn't afford to buy my own van at its current price 馃槅

Premium Member
Just had a look around your website Stu, very impressive mate! Stunning couple of old school campers (y)

Registered
There a lot of fun but a lot of work bud i was in process of trying to sell my 72 bay before lockdown as i just didn't have time for 4 vehicles and a house o_O but at the moment doing/done more jobs on house garden and vans than ive had time for in years! And getting out on my bike once a day ! I could get used to this 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Both beautiful campers mate.
One of Lads at work has a vw split screen, a bay window and a old beetle and was thinking about getting into the wedding scene.
Is it easy enough to do?

Premium Member
There a lot of fun but a lot of work bud i was in process of trying to sell my 72 bay before lockdown as i just didn't have time for 4 vehicles and a house o_O but at the moment doing/done more jobs on house garden and vans than ive had time for in years! And getting out on my bike once a day ! I could get used to this 馃
I can only imagine mate, 4 vehicles, family, house, garden and job is a lot, but if you enjoy your work than it's all worth it (y) Yeah I'm getting out daily for a bike ride, helps keep us sane hey!

Registered
Both beautiful campers mate.
One of Lads at work has a vw split screen, a bay window and a old beetle and was thinking about getting into the wedding scene.
Is it easy enough to do?

In a word no
Mt initial idea 5 years agowas to make good money frim wedding hire and go part time with my day job (stone mason) the first year we fid loads of wedding fairs and other promotions (which took a lot of time and cost a few quid) we took good bookings and did over 20 weddings in the following 12 months but then stopped doing all the promotional stuff and bookings slowly tailed off
I now do half a dozen a year through word of mouth advertising its a hobby business that pays towards the upkeep of the vans and maybe a holiday
But it is a big responsibility and can be a stressful day driving someone to there big day in a vehicle thats 64 years old
You never know when a breakdown is coming!
Never happened yet 馃

Registered
I can only imagine mate, 4 vehicles, family, house, garden and job is a lot, but if you enjoy your work than it's all worth it (y) Yeah I'm getting out daily for a bike ride, helps keep us sane hey!
I ride trails and xc i look like a fish out of water on tarmac but at least the legs are spinning 馃榿

Premium Member
I ride trails and xc i look like a fish out of water on tarmac but at least the legs are spinning 馃榿
I like both mtb and road riding, obviously currently doing 100% road riding but did take the mtb out yesterday on the streets, not as quick as the road bike (not far off) but you can easily jump on or off a kerb without worrying about your rims (y)

Registered
Back in the day people used to say it wasn't worth spending cash on a split bud
If you plan on keeping it for a long time you never know (y)

Premium Member
Yeh I know mate. The problem I have is the E39 needs some body work nothing major as I keep on top of her. The T5 is now showing signs of paint requirements, bumpers arches ect. So I need to priorities, wish I didn't like old cars so much!

Registered
My current distraction is 1970 Moulton Mk3 that's been dismantled, cleaned, powder coated put in boxes and been in my garage for the past 4 years.

Mk3.JPG

1 - 20 of 24 Posts