VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Panicking a bit, i just got the dreaded LEZ letter this evening,

phoned up to say that my motorcaravan-registered 1997 2.5TDI LWB T4 should be EXEMPT but the lady said it is NOT COMPLIANT because it is not Euro 3, as it has been registered from now in 1997!

I thought any diesel motorhome under 2.5t was exempt, even pre 2001 ones??

help please!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
before the conversion it was registered as minibus (so LEZ exempt too) but then i had the V5 changed to motor-caravan last December... but i didn't downrate the GVW, so it should still be the original one of 2900kg or so..

that would imply that their database does get updated, because i didn't tell them i had the V5 changed... puzzling :*

·
Registered
202 Posts
Down rate it and you will be fine.

I would however phone them once it's done, it may be easier to fill in their exemption form as you've had the letter so they update their system quicker.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what an efffin' pain... won't be able to use the van for 3 weeks or so!

and i have already collected three LEZ fines (use the van as daily driver) worth a whopping £750, i hope i won't have to pay them once the downplate is done!!

:eek:

·
Registered
202 Posts
if you have had the warning letter you usually have 28 days to make it exempt or remove it from the LEZ.

Give them a ring and discuss it, you may find this is the case so you will still be able to use it within that 28 day period, depends what letter you have had!

·
Registered
775 Posts
I got the LEZ letter just after christmas, i dont even live in london, only went up to pick a car up for my brother...

Im so glad i dont have to worry about LEZ and they gave me 28 days and if they see my van within that 28 days i will get a fine... I wont be going anywhere near central london again I:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the LEZ letter just after christmas, i dont even live in london, only went up to pick a car up for my brother...

Im so glad i dont have to worry about LEZ and they gave me 28 days and if they see my van within that 28 days i will get a fine... I wont be going anywhere near central london again I:
cool, so you got to some sort of compromise not to pay the fine. did you ask for the 28 day exception or they told you so?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I know how you guys feel which was the main reason why I opted for a petrol, my van isn't a daily drive so it doesn't cost me a fortune. However, now I'm starting to look for a t4 2.5 TDI LWB as my daily drive, it's such a ballache trying to find something! :bhd

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Sorry to correct you guys but it WAS this idiot that introduced it! Red Ken did indeed propose it but he did not implement it. Boris 'Two Faces' Johnson changed his mind after he was elected and introduced it. He had the opportunity to stop it being introduced but he approved it instead, just like the two faced git is doing with the underground ticket offices. Boris is no better than the rest of them; he says what he needs to to get in power then once elected he screws ordinary hard working people.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Very true mate, no different than all the politicians these days! The one thing he was determined in implementing and introduced were those poxy bikes that I've never seen anyone use. Maybe that's the reason these 'electric bikes' are being introduced. moron

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
Sorry to correct you guys but it WAS this idiot that introduced it! Red Ken did indeed propose it but he did not implement it. Boris 'Two Faces' Johnson changed his mind after he was elected and introduced it. He had the opportunity to stop it being introduced but he approved it instead, just like the two faced git is doing with the underground ticket offices. Boris is no better than the rest of them; he says what he needs to to get in power then once elected he screws ordinary hard working people.
Mmm the LEZ. Started in Feb 2008. Boris was voted in in May 2008.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7213360.stm

Why is it being introduced?

London Mayor Ken Livingstone is introducing the LEZ to tackle London's poor air quality.

Transport contributes about half of all the air pollution in the capital.

Transport for London has said there are about 1,000 premature deaths and about 1,000 hospital admissions as a result of poor air quality.

The mayor hopes the LEZ will reduce emissions overall by 16% by 2012.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know how you guys feel which was the main reason why I opted for a petrol, my van isn't a daily drive so it doesn't cost me a fortune. However, now I'm starting to look for a t4 2.5 TDI LWB as my daily drive, it's such a ballache trying to find something! :bhd
go to autotrader and set the distance of the search such that the circle of search is within the M25, i.e. inside the LEZ... u'll only find LEZ exempt T4s.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts