VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About an hour ago three young irish blokes called at the door, wanting to see if we knew a Mark Evans. My Mom answered the door - said we didn't. One of them asked to use the toilet & was denied. They went away. In the porch is a parcel containing a cheap broken footstool all packed up for return. Or there was. I checked the porch a few minutes later & it was gone. One of them had nicked it. :mad:

I only partly heard the conversation, as I was busy taking the decorations down.
The police were called & they took the details. They said they would ring back with a crime number. I wonder if they actually will.:*

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
police should have reacted a bit better than that. They took your parcel as an opportunity. What they were really after is to get into the house, and nick stuff whilst distracting your mother at the very least, or worse.

If they had reacted a bit quicker they would have:-
a) been in with a chance of arresting them
b) stopped anyone else being a less fortunate victim

If they are left to go along the road doing this at some point someone will be gullible enough to let them in, or be more frail and elderly than your mum and be alone.

Call them back and make them take it a bit more seriously than just the theft of a parcel, because it is.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
In the all the programs about them they are honest god loving people who would not harm anyone I: ...........so the ones that called to you must have been the odd bad eggs !!!!!!!!!!! am i sounding sarcastic :confused:

Lets hope they get a splinter them nice lads ;) x

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
As I said above. Please call the police back. They aren't just pikey's they are criminals out to burgle somebody by distraction. It's people like us saying "pah just pikey's" that enables them to get away with it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Never EVER trust them. No matter how nice or sincere they sound. They make their living out of taking from other people.
They will take the sight from your eye then come back for your eyebrow when your blind.

Pikes have a fear of no one, even police.
The only thing that puts the fear of god into them in the dead. They have an absolute fear of them.

So the next time they call, tell them that you have a wake inside and they run faster than $hit off a shovel :)

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
We got a permanent site not too far from us and there ain't a car on site more than a year old. I wonder if the taxman has ever had the balls to call in and go through their books to see where all the wealth is coming from?

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
I was told that the word pikey was racist and not very nice by several people on this forum

Can you 100% prove they took the parcel because if not they shouldn't be blamed

Just because they came to look for an old mate its no excuse to accuse them of theft T:

As much as I don't like to say it innocent until proven guilty so if you can prove they did it they are innocent :eek:

Annoying isn't it :(

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've found the most effective deterrant is a large and noisy dog along with a camera T:

Ensure they see you taking the picture of them and their vehicle and unsurprisingly they tend not to visit too often...........even though my driveway is clearly in desperate need of tarmac!! Rasp:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I've found the most effective deterrant is a large and noisy dog along with a camera T:

Ensure they see you taking the picture of them and their vehicle and unsurprisingly they tend not to visit too often...........even though my driveway is clearly in desperate need of tarmac!! Rasp:
agreed , they hate it when you point your mobile phone at them as if to record or take pics . if they ever come round here this is what i do and they never come back that i know of T:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The Police in Canterbury won't go to several local sites without a van full of riot cops, complete no go areas.:* Scum sucking, parasite Pikeys. I don't care who's offended, drown them all and save us and the tax man a few quid.T:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.