VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back in from my trip up to Martin at Pendle Performance.

Lets put it this way the drive back was a weeeeee bit faster!

the van is a 2.5 tdi 102 bhp, well it was...........

Now 135bhp and loads more torque!

I decided to remap leaving the original injectors and exhaust all standard after a chat with Martin.

The result is excellent i mean realy good!!!

smoooooooth

quick

powerfull

and it even seems quieter

Everyone get it done!!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
price? fuel economy changed?
The price depends on your van. He can't do it on 1.9's though. As for fuel economy Despdan has had his done and his MPG improved by 10-15%, but that was without driving like a crazy foolLOL:LOL:

I have an 88bhp and I'm going down a different path, modded nozzles from Rake and a remap. Pay your tenner subs and you can see how I get on ;)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to forum members its £275

as per fuel econ i would say it will be better driven normally but if you want to thrash it hard it will surely use more, but we will wait and see!:D

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did think about nozzles but Martin recons that its not good for the engine unless coupled with better air intake, makes sense realy i suppose, putting more fuel in but no more air could lead to problems,

anyway was thinking of doing it all, i.e. decat nozzles and remap but after the remap i see no need to do any more tweaking, it runs brilliant.

so smooth!

each to their own tho, woulnt mind a little drag race against a decat and renozzled van tho to see what if any difference there is .

can spin it up now in all but two gears :ILU:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sounds like you are happy with itT:T:

A remap would only give me 117bhp, but with Rake's nozzles I'm hoping for 125-130bhp, that's without an intercooler. I'm getting the remap done on a rolling road so I can see what they do give. Martin did Desp Dan's 102 remap on a rolling road and he only (and I say onlyLOL:) got 130. Did he do yours on a rolling road?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice one T:

Got the 88bhp myself and have fancied a little more get up and go :D without too much tinkering

Don't want to thrash the poor thing though, just want a bit better drive, will deffo have to have a serious look at this.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
to forum members its £275

as per fuel econ i would say it will be better driven normally but if you want to thrash it hard it will surely use more, but we will wait and see!:D
£275 seems a good price if it is as good as you claim, any idea if this could be done on my auto 2.5TDI 102hp??????.
Alan.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it realy is an improvement!

But its all relative dont be expecting to suddenly take to the air when you put your foot down!

I dont see why it wouldnt be great on your auto.

The key is to have a healthy engine esp a sound turbo and air flow indicator.

I'm overly **** about servicing etc.

What Martin did to begin was plug it in and check the engine could handle it i.e turbo etc
this was done by taking readings from the what the ecu demands and actual results the engine managed(during a testdrive stored onto the laptop). If all is well by this point then remaping will be sweet!

if there is a problem then:( CRY!!

it seems most noticeable when you driving normally and come to a steep incline, she just keeeeeeps pulling!!

and if your in 5th then floor it going from 60 to 100 takes no time at all

obviously i conducted this trial on an autobahn on my way back;)

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i have an 88hp,so if i was to fit 102 injectors and intercooler would i then be ok for a remap to 135 or is the 88 the one with the odd injectors and not possible :confused:cant remember now :confused:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Im at Pendle in a couple of weeks having my 2.5 102bhp increased to 135A:. I hope to see more power for hills and overtaking. The Westfalia's lack of airodynamics at anything above 65mph requires much more power than low vans would need to get upto 85 / 90 easily or take an incline like the ones out of calais or Dover. I hope my engine is sound by their standards. Its along way to go find out its not.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well i'll post a full report as ill have 170 miles to find out on the way home. Im quite excited about it as i have long trip to s france coming up in August and im hoping this will provide good economy on the cruise at 65 to 70 and a more relaxing drive on the inclines. Im also trying out the 2 stroke at the minute so im looking for 15%_18% fuel savings at low speeds..... yer that sounds too good to be true... but if I get anymore than 35mpg 39-40 for example on french motorways it will be indisputable as ive never returned more than that.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
If we could get a few members interested in having this remap done at Pendle, maybe there could be an opportunity for a forum group buy discount??????????T:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi Top 102 remapped by Pendle

Martin at Pendle remapped my van at the weekend and its a much better cruiser now.
I noticed straight away the extra power on boost in 3rd 4th and 5th. On cruise control at 70mph for 100 miles down the A1 the van could stay at that speed whatever came up.:D I could floor it and get 80+ easily so overtaking is not the lottery it once was.:eek: Driving above 65mph will always use more fuel in mine due to wind resistance so having driven it 70mph + all the way back it was 30mpg. Which compared to a more sedate drive up to Pendle where I got 29mpg. This suggest at 65 mph cruising i will see further improvements.
Martins diagnostic live map showed I need a new MAF:* so my air/ fuel is not perfect yet. Ill fit that next weekend. The biggest benefit of the remap is how much more relaxing it is to drive and how effective 5th gear can be at 2100 revs upwards. The engine pickup from standing start is a tad rougher now (more like slightly advanced ignition timing) needs a bit more throttle. I was pleasantly surprised joining the A1 on a slip how much quicker I was going once I joined the carriageway.

Ive no idea what the van BHP actually is as its not been tested on a rolling road but given the fact that Martin said the engine was in good nick ( bar the maf ) and is therefore typical, it should be close the claimed 135bhp.

So its safer, more relaxing and marginally more economical at 70mph. T:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts