VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little trip away from Somerset to devon (2 hours journey) for a couple of days away and i swear every other vehicle on the road was a vdub van .

Literally dozens....

I was getting arm ache from all the waving !! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
We were camping down in south Devon last week. I made the same observation.​
Were we live, we hardly see any T4s. As we got closer to Devon, T4s started to appear exponentially. In Devon, T4 galore. Lots of them rotten or heavily customised. And shed loads of T5s, both “camper” and commercial users.​
Sadly, our T4 is starting to rust on all wheel arches. We're not sure if we value ours enough to spend cash on restoration + respray. We're thinking of upgrading (possibly a crew van for "car" status), but considering non-VW options.​
Veedub scene tax is indeed ridiculous. Now that we have a family to look after, I don’t have the time I used to tinker the van or do DIYs. Not bothered about the badge or customisability of VW. Oh and expansion of LEZ… in UK and Europe.​

·
Registered
327 Posts
We had the August bank holiday down by Newquay and I swear 10% of vehicles were VW vans, I knew they were popular down there but never that much.
We were hanging out with friends who actually use there to carry surf boards so I felt a genuine surfy dudeLOL:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just been down Weymouth and Lyme Regis working and my brother even noticed the number of T4s, T5s and T6s on the roads. Didn’t get as many waves as when I’m in the camper (kombi looks more like a work van - which it is!:)). Very nice places. Good luck to any Ironmen (or ironwomen) competing tomorrow in Weymouth T:

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
We like lyme alot T: ...will be going there in a couple of weeks ourselves :cool:
Where do you stay and is it the same place you use? Lyme is only about half an hour from our place and I've been looking for good local campsites around there for short-notice weekend breaks.

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We use 'the shrubbery' at Rousdon .
Its normally quiet, not expensive and on a bus route straight in to lyme (10 mins) so we havent gotta pack the van up each day to go out.

(Always use the toilets/showers behind reception, the others can get cold if youre going early or late season ;) )

And theres a cracking artisan bakery for a posh breakfast if you fancy it T:
(Not the cheapest but defo worth a visit) .

https://shrubberypark.co.uk/

·
Registered
680 Posts
We use 'the shrubbery' at Rousdon .
Its normally quiet, not expensive and on a bus route straight in to lyme (10 mins) so we havent gotta pack the van up each day to go out.

(Always use the toilets/showers behind reception, the others can get cold if youre going early or late season ;) )

And theres a cracking artisan bakery for a posh breakfast if you fancy it T:
(Not the cheapest but defo worth a visit) .

https://shrubberypark.co.uk/
We’ll be keeping an eye on the weather for the next few weekends, definitely want to go back for a couple of days. Cheers for the recommendation T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts