VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I previously owned a T2 (1982) camper, let it go then stupidly sold it for peanuts. Mistake! Now, with regret hanging over me, I aim to buy a Highline Kombi Van to have it converted. I know little about the spec for vans, hence looking in the forum here, and being impressed by all the amazing work on show. Priority is something practical but I would love to have some distinguishing features to make the van fit my taste. The van I have seen is already lined out, and the windows in, and is red colour. Should I go for the usual wood effect, or the lighter material that also allows a variation in shape? Is it worth it to have leather seats, which look great, or standard fabric? Is the advantage of a heater worth the cost? What is the advantage of having the rear seats on a rail, and does the three seated bench allow enough room when the space is limited by the fitted kitchen section? I have a lot of questions, and will come back to see what solutions others have in their postings and photos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there, welcome. I too have a Kombi highline. We have booked him in with Jerba to have van converted.
We have had a T25 for 9 years so most of the decisions for the conversion are biased on our experience in the T25.
We have decided on a pop top as opposed to the high top we have just now. This is to reduce fuel costs and to get into car parks( not much of a problem really)
We have decided on a compressor fridge. Does not need vented out the side of the van and can run off a solar panel.
We have decided against a heater. We have a propex in the T 25 and hardly use it.
We decided to go with a solar panel this should give us enough power to run the lights and the fridge.
We have a mad dog so have went for leather seats, easier to clean, all else will be pretty standard. We have a few more sockets added near the side door so we can put lights in the awning.

Hope this helps
Jean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts