VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all has anyone got one of the new just kampers awnings...thinking of buying one but want to know if they are any good also do they fix to the van with those sucker thingys (bloody hell they are expensive for what they are).....

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Can't speak about the new one but the ones from 4 years ago are pretty good. Used ours loads and it's doing the job. The drive away bit has snagged and ripped a couple of times when I've opened the sliding door but nothing too drastic.
Half hour to put up on your own.

Whatever you do, don't use the suckers. They are s**t, s**t, s**t. F:*g useless bloody things. That's purely my opinion of them though.
I ended up using ropes tied to the drive away pole bit, rested it on the roof and tied the ropes on the other side of the van. Side bars come in very handy for this (and Will at TidyT's does a great line in side bars).

If you do decide on the suckers, PM me and you can have mine.

·
Registered
472 Posts
just bought one a couple off weeks ago very happy with it not sure about the suckers bought them but not used them yet

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I dont know about the awning but there are quite a few threads on here about staying away from the suckers. I have used the plastic ones before and are safer than the metal ones but I dont use them in strong winds. Heres a link to some cheaper plastic suckers just scroll down Warning Bongo Site

1 - 4 of 4 Posts