VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi good write up cheers fella!!
I have just fitted my steering rack one and noticed that the steel sleeve is aprox 5mm to big and letting the top hat bushes separate!! Looked in the photo and yours look similar!
I phone powerflex and they rectified the prob straight away! Top blokes!!
And tonight I fitted the front lower wishbone and found the front bushes to small!! Gutted!!
Cheers again Chris
T:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Posted me some out straight away had them buy lunch the next day! Good blokes! Even got a nice key ring ! T:
Done the lower wish bone on the near side wasn't to bad to do! Had the wrong front bushes! 32mm instead of 40mm!I:
Gutted! Just need to finish them now!!
Cheers Chris T:

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Well I've just changed one lower wishbone tonight I will do the other tomorrow.tho I opted for polybushes from vw heritage over powerflex as cheaper and i prefer the rear bush as it's one piece orange instead of the two peice purple one from powerflex that doesn't look as strong etcI will let you know how it feels.easy to do and better than the cheap rubber one I fitted last year.but the old old ones where a pig to remove tho my van is a 92 and they looked and felt original lol

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
well changed the other side last night, it does feel a bit better esp over bumps and turning,it wont blow your mind away but at least i hopefully will never have to change them again

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
well changed the other side last night, it does feel a bit better esp over bumps and turning,it wont blow your mind away but at least i hopefully will never have to change them again
Karlos, sounds like a job well done; now all you have to do is start drilling those discs LOL:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am changing my drop link bushes for powerflex and as jk haven't got any I've found that certain branches of euro car parts are supplying the powerflex range, either in stock or next day and at a very good price. Just thought I'd let you know.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am changing my drop link bushes for powerflex and as jk haven't got any I've found that certain branches of euro car parts are supplying the powerflex range, either in stock or next day and at a very good price. Just thought I'd let you know.
Do they have the ARB bushes too, little point in changing one without the other ;)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts