VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only used the van a few times, but something I lacked was front privacy, also a little additional thermal insulation would do no harm at times. I didn't want to spend £150+ on some of the better known and recommended screens as this really was just for privacy and any thermal gain a bonus... Having looked around the JK one looked like a good "fit" and was under £50 delivered...

.. Pleased to say I am really impressed. It is thinner than the more expensive ones, but this just means it packs away smaller which suits me. The fit is excellent and its definitely thick enough that I suspect it will stop condensation and give a small benefit inside. Best of all its total black out and exactly what I purchased for.

Highly recommended for the money if you don't want to shell out £150+

T:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great, do the edges fold around and get locked in place by the front doors or the sliding door ? cheers
The edges fold over the front doors and then both wipers can hold it in place around windscreen. It really is a perfect fit.

I see some other designs have fasteners under the mirrors which this doesn't have, but I really don't think its going anywhere and fits very snug.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
In high winds it will be on top of your roof trust me I have a £150 one which fastens round mirrors and still ends up on roof .

·
Registered
878 Posts
Looks great, do the edges fold around and get locked in place by the front doors or the sliding door ? cheers
Yes, the edges do lip over the doors and get 'trapped' when the door is closed which makes it relatively secure.

In very windy conditions the screen can blow up though and leave the window exposed for everyone to see in! I have this and it is very good. It's been great in lots of windy conditions but on one occasion it did blow pretty much up to the roof and it was being held by the wipers. I will be adding a little mod to put a velcro strap to hold it around the mirrors.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Only used the van a few times, but something I lacked was front privacy, also a little additional thermal insulation would do no harm at times. I didn't want to spend £150+ on some of the better known and recommended screens as this really was just for privacy and any thermal gain a bonus... Having looked around the JK one looked like a good "fit" and was under £50 delivered...

.. Pleased to say I am really impressed. It is thinner than the more expensive ones, but this just means it packs away smaller which suits me. The fit is excellent and its definitely thick enough that I suspect it will stop condensation and give a small benefit inside. Best of all its total black out and exactly what I purchased for.

Highly recommended for the money if you don't want to shell out £150+

T:

I did the exact opposite and bought this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131180522905

What a piece of ...... made by Summit sent it back , fit was awful . Wish I had seen this post before ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi I have same blinds and surrered from lifting on front screen when windy ,
Purchased some flexible magnetic strip and attatched to botto edge , brilliant !!!!
All sorted now and no more problems ,
Great product greet price ,
Ps got strip from local sign writing guys ..
Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts