VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, has anyone fitted the panel lining kit from just kampers who has the genuine vw sliding windows fitted ? I have the sliding windows from the factory in my t4. In the blurb for the kit is refers to it being designed to fit standard windows…i guess this means flat bonded in glass.. because of the tight tolerances for fitting it tight against the glass to look like a factory conversion it may mean some trimming is involved or indeed the profile may not work at all with factory sliders ?

Has anybody trimmed them successfully ? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I've just fitted the kit to my ex-AA with fixed windows. The whole thing needed fettling to fit anyway. The fitting velcro provided is next to useless unless it is used on flat surfaces, the face of the panels are textured and I ended up using self tappers to secure the lower panels to the upper. If you are expecting the fit to be as Tony Elliot/Styleline prepare to be disappointed. Lots of trimming required especially if you have rear seat belts and even then the panel gaps and fit are below average IMHO. One of the lower panels was already broken on the corner but I just wanted it fitted as it was one of the last panels. Would I fit another...no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts