VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
Very common in Sweden. So much so that i have one. I dud take two bikes on it from the UK to Sweden on the back of a caviler in 99.

BUT it is more of a i need to shift the shooping bike bak home after a beery friday night. Or i need to take the bike to the bike shop job.

There is nothing to hold the bikes secure. The bike do move.

I left it in Sweden along with a bolt on Halfords jobby. The thule roof mounted x3 and the tow ball mounted euroway came with me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've used one but made by different company. You just need to put some pipe insulation here and there to protect bikes/bus and have a trailor board/number plate too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
ive got one for the money you cant go wrong like said you need a number plate as it covers the one on the t4 and some pipe insulation and i just use a couple of bungee's to sercure the bikes i got mine from go outdoors £20

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've got one too, again its badged as a different make this one is a maypole. We have had it for 8/9 years and works really well. I was a bit worried about it "just clamping" on the tow ball but it takes my weight without moving at all and feeling really solid. Ours has an extra hole for a padlock which we then loop a chain through and then around the bikes. You just need some bungey straps to hold the bikes and a lighting board and your away.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have one from a different company but looks identical and sorry to buck the trend but I would spend a few £ more and get a better one even with a bike only worth a couple of hundred I would rather feel it a bit safer on the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts