VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm very excited now as I've just put an order in for a new 2.0 140hp panel van. A few toys on but didn't go crazy-

Air-Con
Twin Captain Seats with Armrests
Appearance Pack
2nd battery
Black Sportline Alloys
Deep Black Pearl colour
Rear Parking Sensors
Bumper Protector
Prob forgotten a few bits.

Free Mudflaps

Plans are to have side windows cut in straight away. Ply lined, insulated and carpet. The new windows will trap the carpet behind the rubber for a nicer finish. Also have a 3 seater Caravelle seat fitted in the back with the new floor and sliding track. This will be modded to provide a third section to have a full width flat bed for us. Its all crash tested and safe for the kids to sit in the back.

People think I'm mad to play with a new vehicle but it will give us the perfect family/ work and weekend camper.

Would you guys hack up a new motor?

So excited for it to come in Feb but will wait for the new reg.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look out for it bud.

Forgot to say its lwb and will have a glazed tailgate.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Good stuff mate. Look forward to the updates. Goodluck with it.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Get it carpeted at the same time as the windows and the carpet can go between the glass and panel, it's a much neater finish....

Not sure if you've already sorted someone to do it but I can give you a competitive quote....;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys.

Yep, it will be carpeted at the same time as the windows going in. Thanks for the offer but the conversion is all sorted out now from a friend. I will be able to be there and assist and to generally learn about the process. :cool:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Nice one, get some pics in when it arrives.
loads of us now have modded brand new panel vans, see mine in swb garage too.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sounds spot on. But personally would have ordered with side windows already in. T:
You wouldnt if you had seen the price VW charge for a full window van, iirc It's about £2400 extra + £300ish for privacy glass, and on top of that it makes it harder to get a good job of carpeting

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm very excited now as I've just put an order in for a new 2.0 140hp panel van. A few toys on but didn't go crazy-

Air-Con
Appearance Pack
2nd battery
Black Sportline Alloys
Deep Black Pearl colour
Rear Parking Sensors
Bumper Protector

Free Mudflaps

Plans are to have side windows cut in straight away. Ply lined, insulated and carpet. The new windows will trap the carpet behind the rubber for a nicer finish. Also have a 3 seater Caravelle seat fitted in the back with the new floor and sliding track. This will be modded to provide a third section to have a full width flat bed for us. Its all crash tested and safe for the kids to sit in the back.

People think I'm mad to play with a new vehicle but it will give us the perfect family/ work and weekend camper.

Pleased for you chap, don't forget that you can get the sleep pack/multiflex board for the rear of the triple caravelle seat to extend the bed length. It fits into the rails and you can use it for storage on top of it and underneath it.
You've probably got a triple seat already but if you need any advice just give me a ring.
Don't forget pics when it comes!!

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
You wouldnt if you had seen the price VW charge for a full window van, iirc It's about £2400 extra + £300ish for privacy glass, and on top of that it makes it harder to get a good job of carpeting
Is that much price difference for a panel van spec'd against kombi?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We've got a clever little extra section for the top of the 3 seat Caravelle to make a full length bed.

The Kombi price is the reason why I had the van. Been quoted £300-350 to have VW side windows fitted.

Remembered the spare wheel.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
We've got a clever little extra section for the top of the 3 seat Caravelle to make a full length bed.

The Kombi price is the reason why I had the van. Been quoted £300-350 to have VW side windows fitted.

Remembered the spare wheel.
Be careful with VW glass in a panel van, takes a lot of material to be removed to do a good job.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Be careful with VW glass in a panel van, takes a lot of material to be removed to do a good job.
I have total faith in my mate, he's fitted a lot of them. A pro who owns a bodyworks company, not a weekend diyer.

Yeah it is a quick build, told it should be early to mid Feb. Going to be murder waiting til March for the new reg!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pleased for ya bud, hope you love it when it comes, quick delivery that is to, whats the delivery about 7 weeks??
An update on the delivery. It was ordered either on the 23rd or 27th Dec. I phoned today to see if I could make a very minor adjustment to the order. Only to be told, sorry no you can't because the van has left the factory and is on its way to the docks :eek: ! So a few days to come over to here, then a couple or so weeks to do all the neccesary paperwork to register it etc or whatever they need to do. So it will be available for me from mid Feb. I'll manage to resist until March though.

I thought you guys would be interested in the quick build time at the moment A:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
An update on the delivery. It was ordered either on the 23rd or 27th Dec. I phoned today to see if I could make a very minor adjustment to the order. Only to be told, sorry no you can't because the van has left the factory and is on its way to the docks :eek: ! So a few days to come over to here, then a couple or so weeks to do all the neccesary paperwork to register it etc or whatever they need to do. So it will be available for me from mid Feb. I'll manage to resist until March though.

I thought you guys would be interested in the quick build time at the moment A:
My kombi I picked up at Xmas was a 5/6 week turnaround so quick too.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
We sold one same spec today
but different company name
Guessing its you
Great spec
Door open if need anything
or a big wand over converter
Been too focussed selling Eire and
Jersey clones

Just come from car to van and pretty cold

Also
How do I stop Tescos hitting tailgate?

Hi guys,

Air-Con
Appearance Pack
2nd battery
Black Sportline Alloys
Deep Black Pearl colour
Rear Parking Sensors
Bumper Protector

Free Mudflaps

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers buddy, glad you like. Will keep me going for a long time to come.

Haha even your writing sounds cold!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts