VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I managed to find myself a mk2 Golf GTI 8v for £520 off Ebay
After a few bits and bobs here and there and a good clean and polish it's looking pretty tidy now so I thought I would share....

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had one of those until about 2 years ago. Couldn't believe the intrest in it when I put it up for sale.
Great cars. Hope yours has power steering or you'll end up with arms like Popy

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately no power steering so yes my arms are already like popeyes and i've only done about 50 miles in it so far. There is a plus side to having no power steering though. The missus can't or won't drive it so thats all good.

It does seem attract a lot of attention with lots of head turning while i've been out and about, and also I was sat in the garden the other day after just polishing the beauty and some bloke walked by and had a long stare at it and then said to his missus thats well nice init!!
Put a nice grin on my face it did.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I do love the mk1 aswell. Loads of fun. I bought this little beauty a while ago and done it up to this, kept it for a while and then sold it for a nice big fat proffet

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
By the looks of it if you have a T4 you also need a golf to sit next to the van on the drive.
got this for the wife late last year for a bargain £200 with power steering Rasp:
van is mine and the golf is the wife's will get new wheels and a drop soon LOL: when i get round to it LOL:

life is good with a T4 and a golf gti to play with :ILU:

P.S nice one you have there bud I:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts