VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Finally gone and done it!

Had the opportunity to get a new van after having my trusty ole 02 Hiace swb, which I'd had since 2014, needed some welding for the last MOT ... shame! time to let her go!

Couple of months went by, I was given a nod by the guy who does my mot's that a transporter was needing a new home ..
I'd always thought that a Transporter would be my ideal 'mode de transport' but the Hiace never let me down, so why change, ... if it ain't broke, don't fit it right? ;)
When I 1st saw the van thought 'oh dear, looked very sorry for itself, quite unloved ... I've posted some photos ...

Thought however, oh yeah, I could do maybe something good to this ... so I bought the van, turns out it was a T5.1, LWB 2ltr ...
Have had vans all my working life and back in the day when 'custom' vans were very American influenced, I was a van nerd!

I'm properly chuffed to have the mighty 'T'
I'm 3 months into the the conversion and it's coming together nicely and you know, although I've gone down the rabbit hole, I'm so enjoying the adventure!

Look forward to sharing and chatting with y'all ...

Cheers

GPA

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi GP welcome to the forum can't wait to see pics of your project I'm also new to this forum....but they have already been extremely helpful thanks again guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome

Getting the T5 and joining the group definitely go hand in hand!

I've posted a couple of albums of before and after if anyone is interested

Cheers GPA

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just had a quick peek 👏 😎
Me likey alot!
What grill and bumpers did you use ?
Whats next ?
Watching with interest. 🤓
Thanks the grill is a badge less honeycomb from van x and the front is a sportsline kit with a black trim at the bottom which is all from van style I'm now going to be starting the inside just having a seat bracket fitted to the front double seat so the back can be folded down to the base and when it's up it doesn't sit upright

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just had a quick peek 👏 😎
Me likey alot!
What grill and bumpers did you use ?
Whats next ?
Watching with interest. 🤓
Thanks ... Glad you likey 😉 ... The badge less grill is from handsocarsupplies on Ebay and all the other stuff came from Vanstyle ..

Fitting a new stereo/head unit and tidying up the front dash is currently underway...

Planning to fit two sliding windows, behind the driver and in the sliding door, then I'll start on the interior, remove bulkhead, strip out all existing ply lining and floor then sound proof, insulate and re-ply line ...

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Once the bulkhead comes out and windows go in thats when you start
to see a massive step forward towards becoming a camper.
Also fitting swivels to your front seats makes a big difference. (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Once the bulkhead comes out and windows go in thats when you start
to see a massive step forward towards becoming a camper.
Also fitting swivels to your front seats makes a big difference. (y)
Labour of love, I get that, but a name? I'm on the fence with that one 😉😁

I can see how doing this conversion going to absorb all my spare time and dosh though 😒😩
Looking at going to a couple of shows and maybe a van meet?
I've an event near me in March, Sandown Park, Surrey Volks World?

Have you been to any? What's your experience?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Labour of love, I get that, but a name? I'm on the fence with that one 😉😁

I can see how doing this conversion going to absorb all my spare time and dosh though 😒😩
Looking at going to a couple of shows and maybe a van meet?
I've an event near me in March, Sandown Park, Surrey Volks World?

Have you been to any? What's your experience?
No I not been to any yet but I'm going to try this year I'm going to a van meet on the 26 Jan they are doing a convoy from thetford to hunstanton

1 - 20 of 48 Posts