VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a teaser......I:

Been running these for a few days on the rear...

9j x 16 et 14 fitted with nice big profile 205/55/16 tyres still on a 91w tyre and a bit of stretch..mean looking big tyres
Dont wont to discuiss tyre sizes as i want to run these bigger

van is sat higher at the mo,with 60mm springs back in as these and the merc rims where rubbing there nuts off when down how i usually roll..

Got someone looking at cutting the arch away next week...to give some space and pretty much solve the prob..

Had the arch sitting half over the tyre when running on original springs,but could not pull away..

Rears are being painted satin matt black with blue caps..

Fronts or Rears...?????

:ILU:

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you should take them off and give them to me! Lol loving them. Ps what size are they on the front?
fronts are 8j ET 23 so only a 6mm more poke than my front 8.5j x 18 ET 35 wheels...so win on the front...A:

Back seem to be fine with the standard 60mm springs,slight rub earlier with no load in back of van.

Prob more to do with the tyre size though as i have on a 55 profile tyre...dont wont to go down to 40's as the load rated will be non existent..

Plus i am liking the bigger tyres...something different i think..:ILU:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
fronts are 8j ET 23 so only a 6mm more poke than my front 8.5j x 18 ET 35 wheels...so win on the front...A:

Back seem to be fine with the standard 60mm springs,slight rub earlier with no load in back of van.

Prob more to do with the tyre size though as i have on a 55 profile tyre...dont wont to go down to 40's as the load rated will be non existent..

wow mate what the hek are the rear rims from i love the phat look

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
rears :ILU:
funny enough ive been running 205/55/15 for 2 year now think mine are 100 load rated but mines a lwb velle.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

Sounds Good - Agree that the 55's fit nicely T:

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the rears but would want more meat on the road. Mine are webbed like that and are a pain to clean though.

T:
had plenty of practice with cleaning this sort of wheel mate....although the mercs are easy,easy to clean....A:

:D

1 - 20 of 89 Posts