VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need a microphone for the handsfree on the said JVC head unit. Are they universal or does it need to be a JVC item?:* I'm guessing I need some kind of fitting kit too? Going in an 08 if it makes any difference:)

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Hey guys, I need a microphone for the handsfree on the said JVC head unit. Are they universal or does it need to be a JVC item?:* I'm guessing I need some kind of fitting kit too? Going in an 08 if it makes any difference:)
In most cases you need the genuine mic but I believe the Kenwood one works but not 100% sure, but take a look at EBay they seen to have a few listed for a few quidT:

All you need to fit this is a quadlock wiring harness and a phantom aerial adapter....

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ideal thanks for that mate, is it something you sell? Feel free to pm me a price.T: At least if it comes from you I know it's gonna be the correct item!I:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have the AVX840, and all my sony Ericsson mic's work in lue of the bundled JVC item
Gain is no different, I used the S/E ones as they have a greater choice of style.. I'm using the semi flexible goose neck one, which is easier to adjust (mines set above the visor) approx. 5" stem.
I may have another one knocking about!
Col

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the AVX840, and all my sony Ericsson mic's work in lue of the bundled JVC item
Gain is no different, I used the S/E ones as they have a greater choice of style.. I'm using the semi flexible goose neck one, which is easier to adjust (mines set above the visor) approx. 5" stem.
I may have another one knocking about!
Col
If you want rid of it mate, I may have some beer tokens knocking aboutI: Found a mic on the bay for £12 and a quadlock for £9.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
If you want rid of it mate, I may have some beer tokens knocking aboutI: Found a mic on the bay for £12 and a quadlock for £9.
I will take a look tomorrow, I keep the quadlocks but not to sure on the mics....

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Give me a shout tomorrow then mate with a price and I'll get them ordered up.T:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yes have one ,sorry still trying to get used to this forum. cant find owt!

Pm me youre address, and ill send it up.

col.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes have one ,sorry still trying to get used to this forum. cant find owt!

Pm me youre address, and ill send it up.

col.
? I got impatient and picked one up in readiness to fit this weekend, but turns out I need a fascia surround and all sorts so never got it fitted anyway! LOL: Thanks for coming back with one mate but I've since wasted £17 on one!!:*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts