VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

JVC Stereo confusion!

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Absolut5 
#1 ·
I have just installed a JVC KW-DB60AT double dinn stereo in my 09 Caravelle Exec. It sounds great, but for some reason it doesn't act like the old VW stereo.

For it to work the ignition has to be fully on, as soon as you turn the key to cut the engine the stereo turns off, which is not how the old stereo was, this used to keep playing until the key was removed from the ignition. I also can't just turn the stereo on without the key in the ignition, which was also able to do

Have I cocked something up, or am I missing something, or am I just expecting too much.

Any help would be appreciated, it's not major, but just bugging me!

#2 ·
Your red (ignition wire) from your JVC has not been wired up correctly, take this wire down to the fuse box, and pick up the brown/green wire at fuse position 19. This will give you key in, on like the old one but you will not be able to switch it on manually like the old one...

If you want instructions how to do this, send a email to 'Sales@absoluteaudio.eclipse.co.uk' and il send you instructions how to do it..

#5 ·
I had something similar when i fitted my jvc double din stereo, it was a pain in the having to reprogram all the settings everytime the ignition was turned off.

In the plug and play loom at the back of the unit, 2 of the wires had single connectors. it was just a case of swopping these wires over.

hth

nathan

#11 ·
Absolut5,

That's brilliant, works perfectly, you really know your stuff!

I didn't get to do the dimming when the lights come on, had trouble locating the correct wire! If I'm down your way sometime, I'll arrange to pop in and see if you could have a look for me!

Really appreciate it! A:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.