VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a t5 08 bnz 2.5...
The obd has always worked fine but i had my van in for referb engine since i got it bk i tested pin 7 and got no reading other 2 pins got 12v on 16 and onother i forgot number...
I looked at mod radio (which was in and obd worked) unplugged it checked pins but stilll no reading on v meter... rang garage and they said never touched any electrical for refurb just sensor on engine... any one have any idead.. ive had every fuse out inside and the ones under bonnet but all ok .... where is a good test point for the kline after obd i dunnow where it goes without unraveling all the loom and taking dash off

·
Special Rapporteur
8,548 Posts
I'm pretty sure it goes straight to T32/25 (that's pin 25 on the blue connector) on the back of the dash instrument panel insert.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
AFAIK the K-line doesn't have a fixed voltage that you could test with a volt meter. Earth or 12v could be normal depending on what was active on the system. If you have VCDS connected and nothing will communicate, then unplug individual modules and see if communication or partial communication is restored. A malfunctioning controller on the system could stop all diagnostic communicating. On your van you could start with the ABS controller because it's a common fault and it's easy to get at. I wouldn't risk any of the above without a registered version of VCDS though..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ross tech site sayes the kline should have about 6v when ignition is on testing earth and k line

1 - 5 of 5 Posts