VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hi all, I have an Outwell country road awning and a California awning rail fitted to the van including the rail insert and would like to know would I need to buy a kador strip (inc size) with figure of eight to enable me to drive away when camping thankyou for any advice KBrassingtonT:

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
:) Hi all, I have an Outwell country road awning and a California awning rail fitted to the van including the rail insert and would like to know would I need to buy a kador strip (inc size) with figure of eight to enable me to drive away when camping thankyou for any advice KBrassingtonT:
You can trim the kador strip to size, the figure of 8 comes in x3 pieces and this is needed for ease of attatching and releasing. In really bad windy conditions you will find the rubber insert a complete waste of time, the kador will work loose. I have done a modification to stop this by ditching the rubber strip but you need to do a search as I do not have it to hand. T:

·
Registered
86 Posts
We fit our outwell awning onto the Calli awning by fitting figure of 8 strips (think its 3) onto the outwell awning. Then wind out the Calli awning a couple of inches, attatch the figure of 8s onto the TOP of the front of the wind out awning, then shut the Calli awning back up, which clamps the figure of 8s. This method stops your sliding door snaging the awning, trust me it does work!
The other way is to attatch the outwell awning to the kador strip with figure of 8s, then the kador strip into the Calli awning. Again wind out the Calli awning a few inches, then lift the front edge, there is a kador chanel hidden there, We tried using this (the correct method) but like many California owners found the sliding door fouling the drive away awning.
Hope this helps, bit difficult to explain though!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts