VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Please don't shoot me down lol, I love my bus and will always keep it and use it but i am thinking about a caravan also.

Never had one and know nothing about them but looking for advice on a decent reliable make and what size would you recommend for the wife , me and our two cocker spanials oh and perhaps the motner in law taging along now and then.

This lockdown has got me thinking it would be a handy option regarding having my own shower facility etc.

Towing wont be an problem as i have the bus T30 and wifes xc60.

Thanks for any advice you can give .

馃憤馃憤馃憤

Registered
Dont know anything about caravans but i would definitely go for one like thishttps://images.app.goo.gl/dbpdWEoXSG4kXgjC6
No code has to be inserted here.

Registered
A lot of the new vans are 8ft wide which makes sooo much difference to space inside ....but the roads aint so worth taking this into consideration when buying one .
A 4 berth with a fixed bed sounds like the sort of thing i'd be looking for in your position.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Been looking , i was thinking same , prices seem to be 12k ish for a nice example , need to do home work and see what makes seem to be most popular and better build quality, 8ft wide would be good b&t but you are spot on regarding the roads 馃憤馃憤

Premium Member
Hi, I鈥檝e been a van and caravan lover for years now! Towed with my T4 and T5s over the years.

They make good tow vehicles, especially my 174bhp T5 but even my 88bhp t4 did us proud!

I鈥檝e had a bailey ranger and now have a sterling Eccles, for a couple a fixed bed is a good idea, Lunar clubman is a very nice van!

Twin axles tow better than singles, I would avoid 8ft wide personally, plenty of choice out there though. Buy from a good dealer and check service history, should be done a usually like a car. And they have a CRIS cert which is a caravan v5.

Ask away for anything else, enjoy!
馃榾

Registered
Had an old elddis for years and it was good as gold for no money , bought a brand new one last year and its garbage in comparison.
We like Adria ...wish we had bought one of them ! (y)

Registered
ciao a tutti, ho un problema col mio T4, col caldo fatico a mettere in moto e mantenere i giri al minimo, mentre nel periodo invernale, non mi da problemi.... chi puo' aiutarmi? Grazie

Registered
A mate has just sold his caravan. Bought it a few years ago for about 2500 and apparently lockdown has made people go mad - it needed some work doing to it but he advertised it for 2000 and 3 hours later someone came and gave him nearly 3! People were literally falling over themselves for it.

We have in mind to get a little Eriba or something at some point maybe. Tiny bit more living space and the kids could have their own little area to kip in etc. Would be good to get something big enough for a toilet too especially given the state of things at the minute and shared toilet facilities on most camp sites.

Registered
Just sold a khyam awning on Facebook
Sold within 10 minutes of putting it on and had over 60 people who wanted it !!!

Registered
Eriba''s are cool quite quirky little things ...not cheap though 馃檭
I think everything to do with camping has gone up in price since the start of all this.
What sort of money did you wanna spend ?

Registered
After a three year break we've just bought another caravan, we had a Bailey Senator for six years which we loved and slept five, once the kids fledged we got an Elddis with a fixed bed but the quality of the interior was nowhere near the Baileys. So we've just bought another Bailey !
12k will get you a very nice 2 berth, but I'd go for a four berth for the extra space.
If it's just you and the Mrs a fixed bed is a must, towing wise your T30 will handle it no problem although I've struggled in the past when reversing onto wet grass.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Defo thinking 4 berth fixed bed, so much choice though, total newbie regarding caravans lol.

Premium Member
We just hire a static caravan now and again. When you work servicing and insurance its alot of 拢拢拢拢拢 if you are not using it every other week. Plus I cant be bothered with the towing part.

Hope you find a good one Frase.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts