VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this has been aked before !! but is the kenwood ddx 4021 bt any good ? its going in my 08 t5 ? road radio quoted £435.00 suppied and fitted with loom and aerial kit thing !:confused:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Lots of peeps have been away the w/e bud so bump it tomorrow to get some responses.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

I just fitted one of these to my '08 also from Road Radio.
Really pleased. I got it in place of a 9280BT which was an absolute disaster. The 4021 has worked pretty much out of the box, hooks up to BT phone reliably, plays iPod and USB music great. I'm really pleased.
Only downside so far is I bought a 32GB USB stick, and it doesn't seem to like it - need to do some research, as it is fine with my16GB one.
Best to buy the proper steering wheel interface, as it saves some flapping around trying to locate wires and signals.
I have mine hooked up to a reverse camera too. Great stuff.

If you are even vaguely savvy about wires, then I wouldn't bother have RR fit it - most of it is plug and play. The only minor complication is the aerial booster, for which you just connect it up to the power aerial signal.

Good luck

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update on 32gb memory stick...
Problem was I hit the folder/file limit of the unit. It can only handle 250 folders and 5000 files. Once I deleted some stuff it all worked fine

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers andy for the info . decided to buy one had it fitted and love it !! the only thing was know one could hear me on the phone so popped into road radio and the guy was really helpfull and sugested i try the kenwood software update which i downloaded onto a usb stick and now its fine . also brought the lead so i can watch the movies from my iphone .

also the guy at Redhill RoadRadio was really helpfull , A:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts