VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i am about to purchase kenwood double din head unit, are there any problems when fitting into a 2009 t5, is it straight forward or will i have problems, ???

·
Registered
561 Posts
double din is a standard size. I assume you have the 'keys' to remove the old unit?

So a new double din unit should go straight in. Typically, you need a connector loom that plugs into your unit and the VW socket which you should beable to source easily enough if it doesn't come with it.

I couldn't actually disconnect what I think must have been the antenna cable from my unit, some clever german attachment!!

Then you want to know the shape of the unit's facia to see how that sits in the very rectangular hole in the dash. Some units provide a trim surround so you may have to look at that to see how the finish would be.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi all, well i removed old unit, had to purchase new loom for electrics and adapter for the aerial, blue tooth working, tuner working, had to ground parking break feed to get dvd working, only problem now i need to get a live off the ignition, as i have to switch on/off manualy. where is my nearest live cable to joint onto..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts