VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted my kenwood dnx 5240 and I got a few problems,

When plug i'n my iPod says it's disconnected, can get sound but not functional from head unit and,

When putting i'n a DVD it's parking off, getting sound but only a blue screen,

Any help would be great,

Cheers Beefbops. T:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just fitted my kenwood dnx 5240 and I got a few problems,

When plug i'n my iPod says it's disconnected, can get sound but not functional from head unit and,

When putting i'n a DVD it's parking off, getting sound but only a blue screen,

Any help would be great,

Cheers Beefbops. T:

I think it has something to do with the handbrake cable in loom needs to be earthed, anyone know which cable this is and how to earth ??

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Should say in the instructionsT:

Best off Googling it as some of the later head units need an earth supply that comes on after the headunit is switched on, easy to do with a relayT:

·
Registered
417 Posts
pretty sure you can get the instuctions off the kenwood website. I never had any handbrake cable on my headunit, but remember it taking alittle while to get use to, also pretty sure when in the ipod mode you use the ipod to skip songs etc.. dont think the headunit changes it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aye suppose to be able to operate the iPod with the headunit and have iPod tucked away i'n the glove box and the handbrake issue stops you watching DVDs whilst moving, but mines seems to be not showing pics at all as if the handbrake ain't applied.

·
Registered
417 Posts
ill have to have another play around. i ended up using a memory stick and leaving the ipod at home, but will be alot better if like you say leave it in the glove. hope you get sorted

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all, got van backfrom auto electricians, DVD working great now, still can't operate iPod from touch screen, any thoughts on this ?

Cheers Beefbops T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts