VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i am now the very proud owner of a Kenwood DNX525DAB which nestles sweetly in the dash of my 2012 Sportline. So everything is ok until I check the software and she is two revisions out of date. Today I have wasted hours downloading software un zipping putting on USB sticks and putting them into my Kenwood with no success. Frustrated I have given up and put all my tools away in a huff beaten but not given up. Is there any friendly Dubbers in the Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex Berkshire area who knows how to wrestle my Kenwood into submission in return for a few beers ?. Anyone help an old git ????.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,761 Posts
I can't recall the details (was more than 2 years ago now) but I don't remember having problems doing mine.

I suspect that if you are having trouble with the USB stick not being detected by the headunit, it is probably formatted with the wrong filesystem. Have you checked that it has a valid filesystem as far as the DNX525 is concerned? Generally you shouldn't go wrong if you format it to FAT32 - if you use any of the more advanced filesystems like NTFS it probably won't want to play.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boom there we go I was using NTFS I should have gone with my gut instinct and matched my tummy by using a Fat format. Lol seriously thank you for that heads up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem then realised my USB had been formatted on a Macbook. Formatted Fat32 on a windows machine and tried again and worked fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts