VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hoping someone might be able to offer me some help with this (lengthy post so please bear with me!).....
I am installing a keyless entry with push start/stop kit onto my 2012 T5.1 but am having problems getting it to unlock the central locking?
The push start/stop was easy enough (I have installed one on a previous car) & the keyless entry seemed like it should have been quite simple as well...
I found/used a copy of the 2009 onward onboard supply unit 73 pin bcm diagrams for what I could.
I've linked it to the indicators no problems & activates them as though unlocking/locking (as it does when using the original remote fob) when walking to/away etc & have had it so that it locks when walking away (not sure if I had the right wire but it worked) but I cannot seem to get it to unlock!
The kit has 2 - (negative) output wires for the central locking, 1 - (negative) for lock & another - (negative) unlock....
Could anyone help me with what type of central locking system the T5.1 operates on or which pins/wires I need to be tapping into?? Will I need to add some relays?
I've not had much dealing with central locking wiring before (only changing faulty locks/components) any online searches for central locking on the T5.1 all lead to posts to do with the T5 with the faulty wiring under the drivers seat or with the older separate comfort modules!
Thanks for any advice anyone can offer

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,581 Posts
Is the kit meant to work with a modern VW? Doesn't the remote do a handshake with the control module in the instrument cluster, just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's a universal kit so should work, it does say that you may need to add a relay(s) depending on the type or trigger for the vehicles cl system.
What do you mean by handshake with the instrument cluster module? So far I haven't been able to find any details for how the cl system works on the T5.1
My previous knowledge of central locking (from other vehicles) was that it is usually controlled from a control unit/module usually found in the drivers door but this setup has me baffled

·
Special Rapporteur
9,406 Posts
For obvious reasons (security and the desire not to find easy ways for thieves to break into our vans) you probably won't find it discussed a lot here.

The thing that would worry me most is what reaction I would get from my insurance company when I come to declare it as a modification - because the insurance companies have been running scared over keyless entry for a while now!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved.... managed to sort it out it was simple in the end... already had the right wire just needed to add a resistor! if anyone ever needs to know or is thinking of fitting anything similar but struggling let me know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have purchased a kit and having the same issue it locks but not unlock.

To my peril i discovered it locked when i walked away..... great i thought until i reaslised my original keys were in the along with my phone, wallet and keys to my other car... i had to call the lock man out.... ouch £120 later.
Anyway im back trying sort the unlock issue and i found this forum yayyyyy so how you fix it? What resistor was used and which colour wires as i think they vary from van to van any help would greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouch!! Yes out of paranoia I always made sure I had my original key in my pocket for fear of the same happening.

What year van are you fitting it to?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so is your central locking/comfort module under the drivers seat?
Mine is a 2012 so everything went into the bcm in the drivers footwell.
Unfortunately my van isn't with me atm (I got run into the back of so waiting to get it back from repair) so I can't check which wire numbers they were.... but mine may be different to yours being a 2009 & 2012.
Its only an 80ohm resistor that you need.... I have 99 of them left as I could only get them online in a pack of 100! So if your anywhere near Accrington Lancashire feel free to call & get some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok thank you :) you have helped alot and i see where im going wrong, I was trying to make it easy and use the drivers door loom to get the lock and unlock lines but after just doing some testing i have now discovered the drivers door will only lock the doors via central locking, Using the key in the door or pulling the stork up won't activate the central locking :(.

So next week i will get the drivers seat out and wire into there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive attached the wiring/pin diagram I used & was able to figure most of it out from this, it was just needing the resistor to unlock that had me struggling for a while, I had connected to the right wire but without resistor so would only ever lock. In the end I found it in a link with a YouTube video for a different car... there was a pin guide for other vw models & a lot of the polo pins are the same. Hopefully you get sorted if not feel free to ask & will help out if I can

Attachments

·
Special Rapporteur
9,406 Posts
i have now discovered the drivers door will only lock the doors via central locking, Using the key in the door or pulling the stork up won't activate the central locking :(.
It seems likely that you have either a fault with the driver's door lock mechanism or the wiring that runs from the door into the body of the vehicle. The lock mechanism is the more likely of the two - they don't have a very good reputation for long life. BTW, the button/stalk on the door should not operate the central locking, so that at least is working as it should!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, so is your central locking/comfort module under the drivers seat?
Mine is a 2012 so everything went into the bcm in the drivers footwell.
Unfortunately my van isn't with me atm (I got run into the back of so waiting to get it back from repair) so I can't check which wire numbers they were.... but mine may be different to yours being a 2009 & 2012.
Its only an 80ohm resistor that you need.... I have 99 of them left as I could only get them online in a pack of 100! So if your anywhere near Accrington Lancashire feel free to call & get some.
Just a quick question about the resistor value is 80ohm or 800ohm the reason i ask other people are using 875ohm to 1k

1 - 14 of 14 Posts