VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, has anyone fitted an octopus yk49 system (from ebay) i can't get mine to work!blowed two fuses, tried two different ways to wire it and gave up...............Can anyone help ?
T4 1998 2.5 102

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
can you post a link to the eBay ad.
I fitted an eBay system, no problems. Dont remember what it was called though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI
Remote Central Locking Keyless Entry VW Transporter T4 (110637106806)
Pseudo gleamcast

SORRY i can't seem to give you a link direct ,when you wired yours in how many wires did you attach to the drivers side door loom?
me 2, purple and green attached to yellow and white ???.On the instructions (in english )there are 4 different to ways to wire the system in i tried 2 ....no result .,,?????

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Firstly, Is your central locking a factory fitted or after market system,? this will determine the system you are wiring to.

your keyless entry system should have six wires that are connected to two relays, one lock and one unlock.

so each will have a NC (normally closed), NO (normally open) and a common wire - what colours are these?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI, my T4 has factory central locking ,no factory remote it works with key in lock,i have idenfied the connecter in the door loom for the central locking (4 wires).The central i bought of ebay has 6 wires for the central locking:
black
green (fused)
pink
white
purple
orange
On the instructions for these wires there is no other info apart from; for central locking !!!! and then there are 4 different wiring diagrams,on two of these diagrams it shows that you need to cut wires on the van so i ignored these:and tried the other two ways of wiring.
1)
black insulated
green to central locking wire on van
pink and orange to central locking wire on van (common ? )
white insulated
purple to central locking wire on van
This resulted with 2 blown fuses ;green wire fuse and central locking fuse on van!
2)
black and white to earth
pink and orange +12V
green to central locking wire on van
purple to central locking wire on van
this resulted with nothing ,no noise, affect on the central locking ,on my old T4 2.4 i fitted a full aftermarket central locking with motors etc i thought this was going to be easier!!!!!!!!
The central ticks and the led flashes when i press the remote so i assume it works ok.
Which wire on the central goes to which wire on the van,,??????
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS DAVE it looks very similaire to the right clic system .....i should have got that one...........sorry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts